*****Official Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution discussion thread*****

Caporegime
Anyone checked out those leaked gameplay videos from youtube I posted?

I'd like to hear some peoples thoughts on what they think of it.:cool:

skipped though most opf them but from the very slow (and usually single axis movement) of the view I'm guess they're the console version/played with a joypad.:(

Soldato
I've got high hopes for this.

I thought Deus Ex sucked and didn't play the 2nd one, but I'm looking forward to trying this one over the last few years there has bee nsome great RPGs and I'm hoping this will continue in that vein.

Caporegime
You thought Deus Ex was pants! Bannable offence that m8. :D

Nah, each to their own. Some people love it, some not so, which is fair enough.

Here's hoping to a decent offering third time around.

Soldato
Well, I AM old enough for the original Deus Ex :p But I thought the same as you at first. I played the demo, which IIRC was just the first level (liberty island), and I was pretty bored by it - it all seemed very slow and clumsy. But, when the reviews of the full game came out and universally sung its praises, I thought I'd give it another chance, and bought it. It's a good job I did too, because once you give it a chance it turns out to be a masterpiece - possibly still my favourite game of all time.

I guess that it has aged a lot now, so might be even harder to get into, but still - well worth giving it another chance. The first level really doesn't represent the quality of the game, which is all based around the awesome story, and the dialogue that develops it.

I thought the demo was amazing. It was the first game I had to rush out and buy after playing the demo. The way it let you choose what way to go about things was excellent, and fairly unique at the time. Best game ever.

The second game was amazing too and I stand by that. Not as good but still amazing.

Cant's wait for the third :)

Associate
Gameplay looks good, seems they are still a way off but im glad that they are going back to there roots. Looks and sounds like a proper Deus Ex game with the voice of Adam sort of the same as JC and the aircraft that drops you off at eack place you go too, quite excited to play this when its done.

Caporegime
I thought the [Deus Ex] demo was amazing. It was the first game I had to rush out and buy after playing the demo. The way it let you choose what way to go about things was excellent, and fairly unique at the time. Best game ever.

Like the original UFO:Enemy Unknown demo, I played the Deus Ex demo over and over and over and...

It was beyond awesome. Purchase on release was never in doubt after that demo :)

Soldato
Looks nothing like Deus Ex. Does look like a console game. Not that that's a problem - the footage gives strong mgs vibes - but I wanted something remotely similar to Deus Ex :p

Associate
Only thing I hope for is that it doesn't suffer from short-attention-span-console-player syndrome or in other words, ridiculously short story. I want this to be at least as long as ME2. Other than that I'm quite psyched about it - loved the freedom of the first game and all the conspiracy theories packed into it.

Permabanned
Defo not gonna belive hype about games anymore, so often they have been said to be amazing, and then you buy then and they are just average. like the recent mafia 2 to name 1. One game im looking forward too though is fallout new vegas, fallout 3 was outstanding.

Associate
"Consolized" Deus Ex! I cannot wait... :rolleyes:

As much as I want to look forward to this I get the feeling it's going to have no substance and play like a generic FPS with a "cover system" that I am so sick of seeing. Same goes for Max Payne 3 and Thief 4, they'll be rubbish I bet.

I miss the days of Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Thief 1+2... What the hell happened? Now we have CoD: World at War Warrior Warfare 4. it's like the devs have run out of ideas or something?.. sick of it

*grumbles*

Back
Top Bottom