Official Fantasy Premier League 19/20 is GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
:( Forgot about the deadline!

Yeah, Friday games mess with my mojo too.

Every other FF game I play has a kickoff deadline. I always forget that FPL is different and logged in tonight 45secs before deadline. Managed to swap my captain and bench change, but no transfers for me this week - and I could have done with spending time arranging that.

Caporegime
OP
Congratulations to Spider-Wan, Steven B for winning this seasons Fantasy Premier League! A GW score of 59 gave him enough of a buffer over second place The Flavians boss Andy Summers. The winning total in the OCUK league was 2322 which gave Steven an overall rank of 28,727. Well done!

I will create a new thread once the new prices and game restarts. With the League restarting on September 12th I’d expect less than a month before the game restarts.

Caporegime
OP
Great work.

This reminded me to log in and check my other leagues (i gave up a long time ago). Saw that a mate managed to finish on 2435 with a final rank of 635 which is incredible.
That is fantastic! Since lockdown finished I’ve averaged around 72 points a week. If I’d have managed that the whole season I’d have won by a couple of hundred points! Too late, but did rise around 1 million places in OR and finished mid 240k which I’m happy enough with.

Man of Honour
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride - think that's the third second place finish I've had in OcUK league :)
Agonisingly I actually swapped my C/VC over a couple of days beforehand; had I left De Bruyne as captain instead of Salah then I would've got 18 more points and taken the title, but I suppose everyone has those "what if?" moments over the course of the season. It was compounded by the fact Salah came on as sub, couldn't have predicted that, I don't think that's ever happened this season (every single gameweek, if he's played, he's played at least 69mins). I was wary of KDB maybe getting benched due to MC having loads of good midfielders and upcoming European games.

I do think the armband needs looking at, I think there should be a setting you can choose that says if your VC starts at least one match that gameweek and your captain doesn't, that you want to transfer armband to the VC. Several times I've seen myself (and others) get shafted by captains coming off the bench, you could argue it is skill or risk/reward in terms of choosing your captain, but I still think it would help to get people the option, making it a bit less lotto.

Caporegime
OP
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride - think that's the third second place finish I've had in OcUK league :)
Agonisingly I actually swapped my C/VC over a couple of days beforehand; had I left De Bruyne as captain instead of Salah then I would've got 18 more points and taken the title, but I suppose everyone has those "what if?" moments over the course of the season. It was compounded by the fact Salah came on as sub, couldn't have predicted that, I don't think that's ever happened this season (every single gameweek, if he's played, he's played at least 69mins). I was wary of KDB maybe getting benched due to MC having loads of good midfielders and upcoming European games.

I do think the armband needs looking at, I think there should be a setting you can choose that says if your VC starts at least one match that gameweek and your captain doesn't, that you want to transfer armband to the VC. Several times I've seen myself (and others) get shafted by captains coming off the bench, you could argue it is skill or risk/reward in terms of choosing your captain, but I still think it would help to get people the option, making it a bit less lotto.
Stop putting the C on a player managed by the Bald Fraud? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom