**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Soldato
Can someone tell me which driver to download for the Atheros network card? I just switched over the ethernet cable and I'm getting some massive stutter/latency with a youtube video I'm playing even when I switch over to the Intel. Uninstall the driver and everything is fine :s

Also is there any software/drivers that you shouldn't bother installing? I know that seems daft but I'm pretty sure one of the intel drivers is something like waking your computer up to update your email... so didn't bother with that one.

Soldato
OMG this mind of its own motherboard, still making peoples life a misery!!! :rolleyes:

I still have problems 12 months later, when it works it works well. But! their are many quirks and annoyances!!

1. USB 3.0 is borked
2. Sometimes it takes 3-4 times to boot, other times it just works.
3. Takes forever to wright to USB key if the file is over 1GB. :mad:

Plus side when it works, overclocked and all it works well but it does have its quirky moments!!! ;)

Soldato
@ itchy there are issues with sb cpu's on z77 gigabyte

No .... sherlock !! ;)

Only joking!!! :D

If it was not for the few issues I have it would be great board. But as it is I just live with it. I never get BSOD or lock ups, its just the quirky times, but i have learnt to deal with it. ;)

1. I boot pc "oh shes is having a bad day" go make a coffee and comeback 5 min later its working!! :)

2. 2GB+ to usb go make a bacon butty be done when you finnished. ;)

Soldato
F16C out for ud5h , they said all beta bios development was suspended due to z88

http://www.mediafire.com/?813nw6bkwzf31xt

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

Update with new BIOS:

GA-Z87X-OC Force - F6b
GA-Z87X-OC - F5h
G1.Sniper 5 - F6d
G1.Sniper M5 - F6b
GA-Z87X-UD5H - F6e
GA-Z87X-UD4H - F6c
GA-Z87X-UD3H - F6f
GA-Z87X-D3H - F6a.....

GA-Z77X-UP7 - F6d
GA-Z77MX-D3H TH - F7b
G1.Sniper 3 - F8k
G1.Sniper M3 - F10f
GA-Z77X-UD5H - F16c
GA-Z77X-UD4H - F2k
GA-Z77X-D3H - F18e
GA-Z77-D3H - F19i
GA-Z77-HD4 - F2e
GA-Z77-HD3 - F2g
GA-Z77M-D3H - F14k
GA-Z77MX-D3H - F16g
GA-Z77N-WiFi - F3f
GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP - F7d
GA-Z77-DS3H - F10i
GA-Z77P-D3 - F8h

- Improve system compatibility
- Apr-Jun 13

**NOTE:
All Beta BIOS's has been suspended for last 3 months,due to development and already release of latest Z87 system.
Thank you for your patience and understanding !

Associate
I wish Gigabyte would do something about this Power Surge On Hub Port message as it can be irritating, surely they must know about it and will have had long enough to do something about it.

I'm on F14 currently, it was the same on F15q

Last edited:
Soldato
So is F16C newer than the beta? I don't mind trying it out.

Also does this mean this is probably the last bios update if no more betas are coming?

Soldato
So is F16C newer than the beta? I don't mind trying it out.

Also does this mean this is probably the last bios update if no more betas are coming?

Yes newer, and no. It means it's been a while since the last beta.

Never mind the beta's, where's F15 final? So long since F14 and now we're getting F16 betas when F15 not final yet.

Soldato
I'll just copy what I have written over at the TT Gigabyte BIOS thread...

For me the 16c BIOS on the UD5H board seemed to cause problems with S3 sleep and the Windows 8. I have the NVidia GTX670 and the latest WHQL drivers for it. When put into S3 sleep it would be fine but resuming from sleep and the monitor would remain in standby.
This would repeat each time and yet I flashed the BIOS twice and it flashed fine, I did not restore any profile and I even reset everything to the defaults etc.
Going back to the 15r and it immediately worked fine with Windows 8 resuming back from S3 sleep and the monitor coming out of standby.

It would be nice to know what has changed with these beta BIOS's (apart from "Improve system compatibility") and the only remaining issue that I have with either of my Z77 boards is the issue where the USB 3 ports will be quite picky depending on what I plug into which port, as to whether it will work or not. USB 3 sticks are more widely supported but USB 3 HD's can cause an issue of working or not, especially when using the front ports.

Back
Top Bottom