*** Official Hyperoptic Discussion Thread ***

Associate
Not much help so far. The second router can now access the internet but the voip still wont register. Ice tried port forwarding but still nothing. Any ideas?

Associate
1gbit Hyperoptic is going live this Friday! From what I'm seeing, the supplied router is enough to get the best out of the connection (in terms of WAN > LAN) and I can just stick a UBNT AC Lite onto my switch for decent wifi?

Associate
You other option is to tunnel everything to another point, but it's cheaper to just pay for the static IP.

Yep, this was the conclusion I came to as well. Just gave in and paid the extra for a static IP, Hyper sorted it very quickly after I called them.

Associate
I live in a building where my best is ADSL2+ however I have been seeing Hyperoptic WiFI networks randomly pop up, it seems that the building directly next to mine has Hyperoptic installed.
I decided to sneak into the building following some people who were leaving and slipped a number of pieces of paper offering to pay for the internet connection if they were happy to beam it to my apartment. A number of weeks later I finally had a response! I have arranged an install of 1GBit and bought some Ubiquiti point to point units which seem to be able to get around 40MB/s ( around 350mbit ) from my testing.

Will be interesting to see if any of the MIMO access points which can do around 1.5Gbit on paper would result in some better speeds since I am only going around 10 meters, all getting installed very soon but I will attempt to see if I can get some better speeds. The other option is of course double up on the access points and do some link bonding... we shall see.

Regardless 350 up and down is much better than 14/1...

20170410_225505998_i_OS.jpg

Caporegime
What radios have you bought? You're most likely absolutely cooking the receive side by using them to do a 10m link unless you've dialled the power all the way down.

Associate
Hi everyone
I had Hyperoptic 1Gb installed today - very nice.
I have an asus RT-N66U router I would like to use but when I connected the cable from the wall to the WAN port and ran through the setup it's saying the ISP dhcp is not setup correctly. Do you know what might be the problem?
Regards,
Phil

Soldato
I have an asus RT-N66U router I would like to use but when I connected the cable from the wall to the WAN port and ran through the setup it's saying the ISP dhcp is not setup correctly. Do you know what might be the problem?

Phil,

I have an RT-AC68, and this is all I did for the WAN to work:

eOyjwSA.png

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it literally just worked when I set it to auto and plugged it in!

Cheers,

Su

Caporegime
I imagine that there is a lot more variance in Hyperoptic installs depending on their age and the equipment deployed into each building. So it's probably quicker to ask their support if you are having problems than to ask on a forum, as different people will have things working for them in different ways.

The first thing I'd do is clone the MAC address from the WAN port of the bundled router that works and set that on the replacement router.

Associate
Not much help so far. The second router can now access the internet but the voip still wont register. Ice tried port forwarding but still nothing. Any ideas?

Just in case you still need help, or anyone else reading this thread does:

I did quite a lot of reading/research in to how to get the VoIP/phone working whilst using another router, but found that the only way was to purchase a separate phone adapter.

I don't actually use the Hyperhub at all anymore, and instead have the connection going directly in to my Turris Omnia router. I then purchased a Cisco SPA112 (which may have been a recommendation from someone else on these forums) which cost about £50, and connected that to my router like any other LAN device. My phone cable then plugs in to the adapter. I had to email Hyperoptic's customer support to request my SIP details, and they replied pretty quickly with an admin username and a password which I input in to the Cisco adapter's control panel. I vaguely recall that there was a bit of setup to do to the Cisco adapter, but I just followed the instructions and before long it was working. And if I can get it working I'm sure anyone can!

Associate
Extremely good special offer prices at the moment for anyone on the fence about getting Hyperoptic or are outside of their contract period eligible for renewal:
Broadband only, 12 month contract:
£36 1Gb
£26 100Mb

TJM

TJM

Associate
My building is a month away from going live. I was going to get 100Mbps but I owe it to my 56k inner child to get 1Gbps for £36.

Back
Top Bottom