***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Had the game on Saturday night, mostly with the old crowd and a couple of "newbies" (by my standards, as in new players rather then bad). Unfortunately on my team I had Butcher so as you can imagine, we lost.

Soldato
Bump. Hoping someone can help with my issue below.

So I'm trying to run 2 clients of L4D2 on one PC, create a LAN server, and connect the 2nd client to the server.

All of this works fine, the only issue is that the client which is in the background is capped to 20fps, and I can't find any console commands or anything which can change the background fps limit.

But surely there must be one? Can anyone help?

Thanks!

So I'm trying to run 2 clients of L4D2 on one PC, create a LAN server, and connect the 2nd client to the server.

All of this works fine, the only issue is that the client which is in the background is capped to 20fps, and I can't find any console commands or anything which can change the background fps limit.

Might be too late answering this, but it's the command rate that you need to change at the server side. Note that the tick rate of L4D2 servers is locked at 30.

The following commands should be of some help:

// bandwidth rates/settings
sv_minrate 5000
sv_maxrate 25000
sv_mincmdrate 10
sv_maxcmdrate 33

//Client Defaults
cl_updaterate "20"
cl_cmdrate "30"

Only 2 months late... :p

It has been almost 2 years since our last game (well closer to 18 months). Any of the old crowd (or maybe some newer owners of the game) up for a blast from the past this Friday/Saturday evening?

I no longer own a server, but it is easy enough to host/join a valve one. My internet should be upgraded to Infinity today...

If only four want to play, can always do coop... :)

Back
Top Bottom