***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
So has anyone found out if the melee weapons are as shallow as they sound? OK, so you have a melee weapon which has a texture map and a sound effect, but for all intents and purposes are they all the same? Is a golf club = baseball bat = axe = frying pan etc etc etc?

Associate
So has anyone found out if the melee weapons are as shallow as they sound? OK, so you have a melee weapon which has a texture map and a sound effect, but for all intents and purposes are they all the same? Is a golf club = baseball bat = axe = frying pan etc etc etc?

I'll just go play the game and then tell you. Oh wait...

Soldato
I'd just like to take this time and thank Nieldo for all the wonderful memories he has given us over the past year or so. Such a great guy to play L4D with.

He will be greatly missed in L4D2.

:(

Soldato
I'll just go play the game and then tell you. Oh wait...

With the game only a few weeks off, it is possible, that just maybe, they may have talked about this element of the game... But alternatively by all means throw some more needless sarcasm into the thread if you think it helps :rolleyes:

Soldato
With the game only a few weeks off, it is possible, that just maybe, they may have talked about this element of the game... But alternatively by all means throw some more needless sarcasm into the thread if you think it helps :rolleyes:

Swords,axes and chainsaws are instakill. Baseball bats and frying pans just knock zombies back like in L4D1.

Still doesn't make much sense. Not to blow my own trumpet, but you could perhaps thank all the L4D server admins instead.

Nieldo > server admins.

Man of Honour
Swords,axes and chainsaws are instakill. Baseball bats and frying pans just knock zombies back like in L4D1.

Nieldo > server admins.

Lol. Yeah. The hours and hours of work we put in for free and the money we pay out for the servers is nothing compared creating a steam group and leaving people to it.

That isn't an insult to Nieldo either - I'm sure he'd agree.

You clearly are looking for some sort of reaction, or are a bit slow.

Soldato
Never even heard of Nieldo (perhaps he goes under a different name in-game), Aekeron and Link [insert the other relevant names here] however I have heard of and they have done, and still do, a great job running their respective servers and putting in the effort to provide us scruffy lot with such brilliant experiences as 8v8 matches.

Soldato

Interesting... I would assume then baseball bats and the like are superior to the existing weapon melee in some way, else what's the point?

And I assume (at least) the bigger/better melee weapons can harm other team members...

Man of Honour
Never even heard of Nieldo (perhaps he goes under a different name in-game), Aekeron and Link [insert the other relevant names here] however I have heard of and they have done, and still do, a great job running their respective servers and putting in the effort to provide us scruffy lot with such brilliant experiences as 8v8 matches.

Thanks Antar.

On that note, guess I'd best upload that new L4D Names file you sent me... :p

Back
Top Bottom