*****Official Mafia II Thread*****

Soldato
Is it sadistic that I loved having to drive properly around the city in the first game...really made it feel real, not being able to hellraise around corners etc. in fear of the cops :D

I'll take that and raise you setting up my feedback wheel to the game as well :D

Soldato
Mafia still has some of the best story ever written for a game..
The graphics is great and aged well, the attention to details is unparalleled. Every single mission is unique.

Mafia 2 is my second most anticipated game after Fallout New Vegas.

Associate
This is the only game i am considering upgrading for.
Serioulsy folks, if you have not played the first one, you really need to. It is one of only a handfull of games that is permenantly installed on my system ( SS2 is another ).

Soldato
Mafia is quite possibly the best game I have ever played on my PC :)

The car racing level was a bit annoying though, sometimes it was ridiculously easy and others the difficulty seemed to ramp up too high.

Soldato
oohhh this looks good
loved the first game apart from a couple of moments....one mission i got sent on i killed a bazillion people, it was like i had been in a war and won all on my own.
when i went back to the cafe they reacted in a manner as though i had done little more than won a playground fight! the cheeky ********************
need more stars in that to show my anger at them ....see i still remember it today, thats how angry i am at them :p

Associate
Will be buying this. Probably my all time favourite PC game. Beat all the GTA sequels by a mile. Do we know if it's set to be released on schedule?

The car racing level was a bit annoying though, sometimes it was ridiculously easy and others the difficulty seemed to ramp up too high.

I had to download a trainer for that one mission :o Never could do it, the car oversteered all over the place.

Soldato
Official Specs are out now, and they are pretty hardcore (if you want full physics anyway) :p

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
Processor: Pentium D 3Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ (Dual core) or higher
RAM: 1.5 GB
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 / ATI HD2600 Pro or better
Hard Disc Space: 8 GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse or Windows compatible gamepad

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX / ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better
Hard Disc: 10 GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card
Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse or Windows compatible gamepad

PHSYX/APEX ENHANCEMENTS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7 Minimum Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
Recommended Processor: 2.66 GHz Core i7-920 RAM: 2 GB

Video Cards and resolution: APEX medium settings
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (or better) for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better)

Video Cards and resolution: APEX High settings
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better) and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA GTX 285 (or better) for PhysX NVIDIA GPU driver: 197.13 or later.
NVIDIA PhysX driver: 10.04.02_9.10.0522. Included and automatically installed with the game.

44 days to go, it's been a long wait. Mafia 1 is definitely one of, if not the best PC games i've played.

Also a confirmed demo on the way I think.

Back
Top Bottom