*****Official Mafia II Thread*****

Soldato
System Reqs seem pretty decent imo. Of course apart from the APEX/Physx part which is ridiculous. I mean seriously, a dedicated GTX 285 for recommended? Even then, 'Recommended' is almost always not max settings anyway.

Soldato
I pre-ordered the special version last night. Have a few points on my loyalty card so I thought I would give it a go. I really enjoyed Godfather 1 and 2 so I hope this continues in the same vain, just better.

Soldato
In the first one, I remember getting stuck on the last level and no NPC's would spawn, so I didn't actually complete it :/ Also my favourite part of the game was when you had to collect the race car :D (anyone remember that?)

Can't wait for M2 ^_^

Associate
I think they changed the racing mission to make it less difficult with a later patch. But yes, that was one extremely frustrating mission.. I suspect that they won't be going down that road again.

Soldato
Anybody else annoyed that non-nvidia users will have to miss out on teh cloth physics : /

They could have used software accelerated physics for cloth >_<

nerusy: you shouldn't worry about it. based on mafia 1, mafia 2 will have so much other great content you wont even remember that there is supposed to be cloth physics. i can understand wanting a great looking game for a great story game, but honeslty it's never been what mafia is about. as long as it's believable and not a distraction (which i'm sure it wont be) then it'll be ok.

Caporegime
What are the chances of console port?

First one was one of my all time faves but the racing mission made me do lots of swearing

Yeah, I'm near the start where I have to get to the hospital iirc and you're on a timer, keep losing my way and after a couple of evenings effort I put the game down. Will pick it up at some point, haven't given up on it at this early stage.

Soldato
They fixed the racing bits with the patch (well included difficulty levels) and even unpatched there was actually a major shortcut in the track. Is this coming to Steam? If it does I'm hoping the original gets released on there too.

Man of Honour
I'm inclined to agree; if lack of cloth physics is going to ruin the game, then it probably won't be a very good game to start.

Specs look pretty hardcore; looks like I might have to dust of the 8800GTS-320 to slap in for PhysX.

Back
Top Bottom