*****Official Mafia II Thread*****

Associate
I dont remember mafia 1 being 3rd person but it was so long ago all is a bit hazzy back then ,just need to get used to it and i am sure i will enjoy :cool:

Mafia 1 was definitely 3rd person. Both are brilliant games (Mafia II one of my favourite games in a long while), neither need 1st person, would have been a lot worse with it in.

Soldato
Game designer's prerogative. They preferred to go the GTA / Max Payne route for the narrative. First person brings its own problems. Close-up texture quality, cover mechanism, no wide cinematic view for the stuff going on around, no view of the character makes him more impersonal.

Basically, it's not COD. :confused: :mad: :(

Soldato
Just played the demo for this and think i may buy the full game! It can be had rather cheap and i hear the story is quite strong!

Im not fussed about the open world stuff as that usually distracts me too much in other games!

Soldato
Just played the demo for this and think i may buy the full game! It can be had rather cheap and i hear the story is quite strong!

Im not fussed about the open world stuff as that usually distracts me too much in other games!

It's certainly worth it, very underrated game.

Picked it up in the Steam sale, enjoyed from start to finish, i didn't bother with the open world stuff and just stuck to the story.

Associate
Got this for free (some game awards promo) ages ago but only just started it, up to chapter 9 and its brilliant so far. Having to drive back to your apartment and go to sleep, just to end a chapter is bloody annoying but it's great fun otherwise. The shooting and cover system is particularly well done, so much better than the clunky Max Payne 3 for example.

The story and characterization is very strong with some of the best voice acting I've heard in a game; I swear Joe sounds like Peter Griffin sometimes too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got this for free (some game awards promo) ages ago but only just started it, up to chapter 9 and its brilliant so far. Having to drive back to your apartment and go to sleep, just to end a chapter is bloody annoying but it's great fun otherwise. The shooting and cover system is particularly well done, so much better than the clunky Max Payne 3 for example.

The story and characterization is very strong with some of the best voice acting I've heard in a game; I swear Joe sounds like Peter Griffin sometimes too.

Its weird, for some reason i thought i had it in my steam library already but didnt so tried the demo and now want to play it :D unless i got it on a bundle or something one day, cant think though

Soldato
Picked it up, really enjoying it so far. Story seems promising and i like some of the small touches like police coming for you if you speed past them and refuelling the car. Touches still missing from gta.

Love the setting too! Are there any sweatfx or graphics mods? It still looks pretty good but would love it to look even better

Soldato
the story really is great, if you can still remember the story line from the first one there is a horrible plot twist that feels horrible to play and see, but if you haven't played it then you miss out completely.

Back
Top Bottom