*****Official Mafia II Thread*****

Soldato
Hmm I been looking at more gameplay videos and I'm getting a little concerned about it looking quite arcadey (or accessible as other would put it) although at a guess most of the videos I've seen have been played on consoles.

Associate
Comparison GIF. Quite a difference when you see it like this.

ssao-comparison.gif

Soldato
I pre-ordered the special version last night. Have a few points on my loyalty card so I thought I would give it a go. I really enjoyed Godfather 1 and 2 so I hope this continues in the same vain, just better.

Both Godfather games are utter trash compared even to Mafia 1; Mafia 2 will stomp them into the ground and desinegrate them into little pieces of **** they are.

Soldato
Pre order up on Steam now, £29.99 for regular edition and £39.99 for Deluxe which includes:

Made Man Pack: Free access to in-game downloadable pack that lets players get behind the wheel of two different luxury automobiles modeled after classic cars from the period. In addition, Vito will look the part with two new “made man” suits, including a vintage tux.
Digital Art Book: Get to know the families of Empire Bay with a photo album-style Digital art book that takes fans through the artistic design process of the game.
Orchestral Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in Empire Bay’s symphonic masterpiece with the Mafia II score recorded by the Prague FILMHarmonic Orchestra.
Digital Map of Empire Bay: Get familiar with the neighborhoods and own the streets with the Digital map depicting the 10 square miles of Empire Bay and all the hangout spots.

Seem to get the original game with both of these if you pre order, but can't see an individual price for it. At a guess they won't have it up until this is out.

Soldato
Frankly deluxe edition is disappointing to say the least, get very little for extra tenner. Also says this on Steam:

Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game)include nVidia PhysX_drivers 10.04.02_9.10.0522and nVidia GPU drivers 197.13 or latest, Steam Client and Microsoft DirectX.

I'm guessing this will be similar to Bioshock and not a Steamworks title unfortunately.

Soldato
Frankly deluxe edition is disappointing to say the least, get very little for extra tenner. Also says this on Steam:

I got this with the special edition from the usual highstreet place.

# Made Man Pack: Get a taste of being a Made Man in this new DLC pack. Feel the difference of a luxury automobile as you drive 2 cars featuring bold design and dynamic performance. Vito will look the part in 2 new suits including a red carpet worthy tux.
# Greaser Pack: The Mafia II Greaser DLC pack is all about speed. These 2 new hot-rod speedsters will win you pink slips every time. Pair that with 2 new suits for Vito, one with leather jacket and heavy boots, the other a leather racing suit, and get ready to start your engines.
# Printed Map: A guide to Empire Bay
# Exclusive Packshot Artwork

£27.99 for it, plus as it is steamworks, I am assuming I can register it on steam.

Back
Top Bottom