*****Official Mafia II Thread*****

Associate
ahh that was silly. it's one of the most obvious stores selling the collectors edition for £27.99 with free p&p. pre-ordered :)

I wish it was the collector's edition. It's the special edition which is vastly inferior to the actual CE. PC CE doesn't seem to exist in Europe, thanks to 2K.

Soldato
Found the special edition

The is no PC Collectors edition tho ?

Tho I did just have a laugh at coolshop selling it for 999.00 (shipping included)
lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I am really sad CE is unobtainable.
How stupid are they - they already have CE sold out a month before release - the bussiness sense would tell you to MAKE MORE OF THEM!

I want one but I guess I will have to settle for special edition.

Sigh.

Caporegime
I don't think this deserves a seperate thread so I'll ask here. Is anyone planning on using the 360/PS3 controller to play the original Mafia? If so is it simple to set up and are there in game options for the joypad or do you have to use some dodgy third party program?

Caporegime
I am really sad CE is unobtainable.
How stupid are they - they already have CE sold out a month before release - the bussiness sense would tell you to MAKE MORE OF THEM!

I want one but I guess I will have to settle for special edition.

Sigh.

Wouldn't be a collectors edition if there were loads of them, would it? :p

Soldato
Soldato
just to make sure i'm reading this right. the demo will have a level that wont be in the normal game and wont spoil anything for when it is oficially released?

No it will contain a specific mission from the game.

I'll be loading it up to check how the game runs/looks/feels but wont be doing the mission for fear of spoilers.

Soldato
The mission in the demo is the mission they were showing a lot of times on game shows etc, it is the one with the fat man being shot in the warehouse. So if you have seen that, there should be no spoiling. I want to try the demo to see how well it runs on my PC.

Associate
Is the special edition worth the extras...

Not sure where I'll order it from as I'm sure many of the retailers also play the postage game..

Postage game is pretty good lately. Short of a full RM strike again of course, but Game usually send stuff so you get it a day maybe 2 ahead of release day (and that's the free option). Only stuff they send by courier is delayed really as they can GUARANTEE a delivery day with that, so they cannot legally (well, I presume) send it early. StarCraft II CE for instance as example. If you definitely want it early then ShopTo are usually best with that, unless the publisher restricts early postage (as R* did with RDR). But then it's steamworks so you won't be playing it early without a crack anyway.

I don't think this deserves a seperate thread so I'll ask here. Is anyone planning on using the 360/PS3 controller to play the original Mafia? If so is it simple to set up and are there in game options for the joypad or do you have to use some dodgy third party program?

For the 360 pad, no just plug it in, on Vista and 7 it'll just detect and install, XP you might need the driver from their site, easy enough. For PS3 pad ou'd likely need Xpadder or a similar app to get it working. But that's assuming the Game supports them as is, which it should, being a new game, that said look at Bioshock 2...

No one will likely be able to answer this question definitively until release (or at least the Demo is out).

I wish it was the collector's edition. It's the special edition which is vastly inferior to the actual CE. PC CE doesn't seem to exist in Europe, thanks to 2K.

Vastly inferior? All I see is a metal case, art book and a soundtrack (which every person with will upload to some sort of sharing site). Really the SE is only missing the Book...

Last edited:
Soldato
Vastly inferior? All I see is a metal case, art book and a soundtrack (which every person with will upload to some sort of sharing site). Really the SE is only missing the Book...

..., the metal case and the hard copy of the map.
The three things that would make a CE worth collecting, not the digital data that is available to everyone.

Associate
..., the metal case and the hard copy of the map.
The three things that would make a CE worth collecting, not the digital data that is available to everyone.

Special Edition includes:

* Made Man Pack: Get a taste of being a Made Man in this new DLC pack. Feel the difference of a luxury automobile as you drive 2 cars featuring bold design and dynamic performance. Vito will look the part in 2 new suits including a red carpet worthy tux.
* Greaser Pack: The Mafia II Greaser DLC pack is all about speed. These 2 new hot-rod speedsters will win you pink slips every time. Pair that with 2 new suits for Vito, one with leather jacket and heavy boots, the other a leather racing suit, and get ready to start your engines.
* Printed Map: A guide to Empire Bay
* Exclusive Packshot Artwork

*Cough

Back
Top Bottom