**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate

A few oddities in this video; awful recording fps, DDR4 VRAM??, only using 16Gb system RAM (could be the reason it recorded so choppy).

Anyhow, the 3080 will certainly gain you some benefits compared to older cards but no where near as much as standard games. Then again, MSFS 2020 is a sim, not a game, but easily the best looking sim & game at the same time.

Associate
So basically, even this brand new, top of the range, ground breaking GPU won't be enough for MSFS2020!:D
I know - its mad, I am (via help on this forum) in the middle of planning a PC upgrade to play this at something resembling high settings above 30 fps.
Clearly a 3080 is my starting point. Even this was running at 100% in a lot of this video. I wonder if we will be having Crysis like conversations about this 13 years from now !

Associate
Updating now - initial update is via the Microsoft store of just over 600MB - Load into game and a further 15.6GB update.

Initial update has fixed 100% GPU usage during update screen which is great.

Associate
Come here to moan about the patch as well. I've been sitting next to this PC all day today whilst working (as I am everyday) and could have patched it during my working hours. Damn. Guess I'll have to read a book :p

Associate
Been stuck at 42% for the last 20 minutes........

Edit - Had to restart to continue, sooo slooooow!!!

Have a 90MB connection and coming in about 4/5MB

Last edited:
Associate
Update process keeps stopping for me too, getting annoying as hell, this update process is so bad.

Agree, i wouldn't mind too much if you could turn off that drab music loop that constantly rings out whilst updating - Microsoft eh, Its like they know how to really grind your gears whilst dangling that beautiful carrot......

Soldato
Patcher seems to be choking on certain files, going back to zero and needing multiple tries to grab and complete the download. Maybe the server just getting hammered or anything really.

In any event, mixed impressions from the feedback so far at Avsim, FS dot com and the Steam board from those who actually managed to install. Sounds like they broke as much as they fixed, performance has taken a hit, sensitivity has vanished from the Settings menu and the A320 now has one of the engines will only run at idle. Are Asobo a bunch of clowns, or what?

Back
Top Bottom