**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Gpu is around 80% give or take, sometimes higher sometimes lower,
im not experiencing any stutter, just this odd freeze, maybe 2-3 times every 5 mins,
Ive noticed when it happens gpu usage hits 0% for a second, if that,
No issue in any other games, silky smooth frames

nope thats what im seeing mate,
i tried the preset ultra and high end, was about 75fps, then while trouble shooting this issue i got GeForce to optimise settings and then hit 90 ish, odd as it seem to raise the settings, but apart from thes freeze it does not really ever drop below 70's,
Not been to any cities yet and im at 1440p, not 4k
Sorry but I assumed 4k, still seems high though anyway have fun.

Associate
Did a touch more testing last night,
Seems one core is maxing out and the others around 30 to 50 %
When the freeze happens seems there is a brief sudden drop in the cpu and gpu usage,
Looks like single core performance is key here, I've tried limiting fps but the issue still remains,
No issue in the other games so for now think I will have to live with it, it's not a game breaker more of a annoyance

Associate
How fast is your internet connection? it wants to be about 60MBPS, i get the odd stutter but I found in the setting the download cache was at 8GB i think as standard, so I cranked that figure up a lot assuming that if it was that downloading to a smaller cache that may be causing it and I was in effect flying out of the cached area before it had time to update? does that sound plausible or am I rambling?...

Associate
I'm not sure pal what maybe the exact root cause, I have sky fibre internet, it's a 80 down 20 up connection,
I tried to cache a area for 20 mins going round in circles but did not fix it,
Yeah I've tried turning off all the live data stuff and problem remined, so it cant be anything to do with internet i dont think

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
Well, when i was about to give up i managed to find the issue,
I was running Resource Monitor while playing to look for any thing that i could spot that may help me solve it,
I noticed that when this issue happened there was also a spike on my HDD,
I thought was odd as the game is installed on a NVME drive, not the one showing that spike,
Then i remembered the actual install of Steam was on that drive, but the game was not,
So moved the steam client over to the same drive and boom, issue completely gone,
Cheers all for the suggestions, now for me to enjoy the game :)

Last edited:
Associate
HDD, called it :p
You did mate ha ha,
What a odd issue, well at least odd to me, I've never come across this before, I have been running my steam games on separate drives to the steam client for years and never come across this problem, just glad its sorted,
And something to remember going forward

Back
Top Bottom