**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
There's a great thread on FS2020 and VR settings below. It's for a 2070s and G2 but it should help.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/...uggestion-reverb-g2-wmr/342582?u=ondaeyes4711

Cheers,

I spent a while looking at guides and tweaking, but I think in all honesty - it's best played on a big monitor with a trackIR. They need to work on the performance for VR, it's miserable when on a £1500 graphics card, I can't get more than 20fps without it looking like a blurfest :D

That said, the immersion is incredible, the 787-10 is my fave plane, and it feels incredible in VR.. It just needs some optimising.

Associate
Anyone here fly the 787-10 much? I've been downloading my flightplan from simbrief, and it loads the flightplan correctly and I can see my waypoints and stuff in the LEGS page, I start my flight then switch to AP after takeoff - no problem, AP functions and the aircraft flies through the correct waypoints. Then at some point a weird thing happens - between one of the waypoints, it'll just suddenly roll and start circling, climbing, descending randomly and basically nothing I can do with AP will make it work properly again?

Of course I could have messed something up, but it just seems a bit weird - anyone else have this?

Associate
Anyone here fly the 787-10 much? I've been downloading my flightplan from simbrief, and it loads the flightplan correctly and I can see my waypoints and stuff in the LEGS page, I start my flight then switch to AP after takeoff - no problem, AP functions and the aircraft flies through the correct waypoints. Then at some point a weird thing happens - between one of the waypoints, it'll just suddenly roll and start circling, climbing, descending randomly and basically nothing I can do with AP will make it work properly again?

Of course I could have messed something up, but it just seems a bit weird - anyone else have this?
No , does that for me, most autopilots are broken when using plans

Man of Honour

Not used the 787 but it sounds exactly like the behaviour I used to see with the A320 using Auto-Pilot!

Soldato
Makes me feel better not being able to get a GPU seeing how bad it runs in VR at the moment!

Might have to give TrackIR a whirl...as I like having all my switch panels, and being able to put my feet up and read a book while cruising...VR won't be quite as relaxing! Although I do want to get a G2 at some point.

I did my old flight home to Düsseldorf in a Eurowings A320 at the weekend. It is eerie how well implemented it is, the sounds are absolutely pitch perfect....pulling up at the gate, hearing the engines spool down.....had me stretching and reaching for my seat-belt :D

Was messing around in the Caribbean in the seaplane the other day, was getting buzzed by a player in a TBM, first time I've actually seen other players up close, the network smoothing is pretty decent actually, shame you can't message each other!

Associate
Makes me feel better not being able to get a GPU seeing how bad it runs in VR at the moment!

Might have to give TrackIR a whirl...as I like having all my switch panels, and being able to put my feet up and read a book while cruising...VR won't be quite as relaxing! Although I do want to get a G2 at some point.

I did my old flight home to Düsseldorf in a Eurowings A320 at the weekend. It is eerie how well implemented it is, the sounds are absolutely pitch perfect....pulling up at the gate, hearing the engines spool down.....had me stretching and reaching for my seat-belt :D

Was messing around in the Caribbean in the seaplane the other day, was getting buzzed by a player in a TBM, first time I've actually seen other players up close, the network smoothing is pretty decent actually, shame you can't message each other!

Id love to know when the G2,s will be available for pre order again, VR runs ok when it wants to on my system it sure does need optimizing tho

Associate
I think I might be 1 of a lucky few that the sim runs well for without any tweaking. I tried it on a 1080 and rift s and it was poor, I've since got a g2 and a 3090, tweaked nothing, and it runs well in NYC with a 747, no idea what my fps is, I wouldn't even know where to look. It's a good job it doesn't need fiddling with as beyond the in game options I have no idea what the guides are on about :D. For reference, my graphics settings are on High.

Associate
Hi

I was going to buy fs in the next sale.

So i got a gamepass for pc for 3 months to try this game.

Created an microsoft account. Activated the 3 months.

spent most of sunday downloading the game.

Played once yesterday and then today when i try to log into my account to play
I get this

Your account has been locked
We’ve detected some activity that violates our Microsoft Services Agreement and have locked your account.

All I have done is play the game two times.

What possible reason have microsoft got for locking my account.

Im fuming, thank goodness i did not buy the deluxe edition.

Associate
I dont have twitter.

It just said some standard blurb nothing pointing to what I've done.

Which is just playing the game twice.
I'm lost for words.

Soldato
How do the cockpit controls work in VR? Do you just reach out and twiddle the knobs :cool:

I'm somewhat torn on VR, as I've already got stuff like an autopilot panel, and using them is so much nicer than using the mouse. I do sometimes think that ultrawide + track IR + more physical panels would be almost as good.....but then I have used a DK2 for Elite Dangerous and know the VR experience is another level...

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
TrackIR and VR are just different.
Currently the visual detail is better on a monitor, but it’s never going to give you that feeling of being sat on the plane. Pros and cons

Associate
How do the cockpit controls work in VR? Do you just reach out and twiddle the knobs :cool:

I'm somewhat torn on VR, as I've already got stuff like an autopilot panel, and using them is so much nicer than using the mouse. I do sometimes think that ultrawide + track IR + more physical panels would be almost as good.....but then I have used a DK2 for Elite Dangerous and know the VR experience is another level...

You use the mouse or the keyboard, VR controllers aren't implemented in this game yet....even when they are like in xplane, the results are very mixed. i'm ok with using the mouse and keyboard tbh, i used to play MSFS 10 this way with a DK2 as there was a handy little gap in the facia by the bottom of your nose where you could peek and see your keyboard, no such luck with the later headsets.

i've never used trackIR, it looks good. i've used a 49inch 4k monitor (TV) and VR. i never play on the monitor now.

Associate
Shouldn't be any reason you can't use an autopilot panel in VR. I have an F-18 UFC, which is (presumably) far more complicated. Takes a bit of fumbling around at first but you quickly get used to where the buttons and switches are. Really adds to the immersion.

Perfectly happy with the mouse otherwise. I can't imagine using standard VR controllers in the cockpit, would expect them to be really cumbersome.

Back
Top Bottom