**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Can someone recommend me the best combat plane to buy addon ? What's better the Euro Fighter or that Italian one ?

I recommend DCS lol

I find the MB-339 is generally very well done and fun to fly, but it is a basic trainer jet.

If you fancy something faster still the F15 is apparently ok but lacking in the finer details... the eurofighter is apparently somewhat trash but I haven’t tried it.

the same guy that does the MB-339 is also close to releasing a T-45 which is looking awesome. Might be worth waiting for that, I think they expect release before March.

Associate
Stonehenge was one of the very first free addons available, there since has been an updated version that looks very good. Wonder if MS will do a better job.

With only a handful of POIs in the UK update we'll still be relying on 3rd party people to develop them and hopefully many will be freely available on sites like flightsim.to

Soldato
Stonehenge was one of the very first free addons available, there since has been an updated version that looks very good. Wonder if MS will do a better job.

With only a handful of POIs in the UK update we'll still be relying on 3rd party people to develop them and hopefully many will be freely available on sites like flightsim.to
Thanks I’ll check out that site for free add ons

Caporegime
Not sure if I'm being dim, but I always have a hell of a time trying to find ILS, VOR, and ADF frequencies for Flight Sim flights.

How I wish their VFR map included this info, like in X Plane. ADF is normally there in plain site, but never ILS or VOR.

I use Sky Vector, but for some reason when you click on instrument charts or an airport, there's never a section that says 'this is the ILS/ VOR frequency for this runway / airport', only nearby navigation aids.

I don't want nearby, I want Bristol airport's VOR frequency. How hard can that be?!

Associate
Can someone recommend me the best combat plane to buy addon ? What's better the Euro Fighter or that Italian one ?
The Eurofighter looks utter garbage. I can tell as much just from the youtube videos.

F-15 is getting some attention from modders which seems to be improving the flight model. 3D model still looks pretty shoddy though, especially the cockpit. The asking price is a **** take, IMHO.

I have the MB-339 and it's decent enough but as said above it's more a jet trainer, similar to the RAF's Hawk.

Man of Honour
The Eurofighter looks utter garbage. I can tell as much just from the youtube videos.

F-15 is getting some attention from modders which seems to be improving the flight model. 3D model still looks pretty shoddy though, especially the cockpit. The asking price is a **** take, IMHO.

I have the MB-339 and it's decent enough but as said above it's more a jet trainer, similar to the RAF's Hawk.

Until Asobo add the ability to go supersonic into the game then most of these combat aircraft are going to be limited fun!

Associate

Would be nice if someone made the hawk red arrows jet that would be ace

Back
Top Bottom