**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
regarding ram, when i had 16gb msfs 2020 would crash when loading up an intensive activity like the JFK landing with graphic settings all on ultra. checked task manager, ram useage was maxxed out. now i have 32gb, no more crashes.

Caporegime
Couple of questions. When I start at the gate, it’s always cold and dark, is there any quick way to fire up the plane ready for taxiing?

Also, is the ATC on descending broke for anyone else? Always wants me to stay at cruising altitude and fails to vector me in to landing. Have to just ignore it.

Caporegime
Current heading is always displayed in the PFD, and when in selected (not managed) mode it will be displayed on the MCP too (autopilot panel in the middle of the glareshield)

FCU :p

But yes, wot he sed... bottom strip of PFD will give you heading info.

I can see it analogue everywhere, as in a marker showing the heading like a compass, but not the actual digital numeric heading.

Will have another look tomorrow and post findings!

Soldato
I can see it analogue everywhere, as in a marker showing the heading like a compass, but not the actual digital numeric heading.

Will have another look tomorrow and post findings!

Yeah you don’t get that - the only time you’ll see a numeric value for heading is when in selected heading mode (and even then it’s displaying the selected heading bug, not the actual heading) - you’ll see it on the FCU heading display and if it’s off the range of the PFD strip it’ll be displayed to either side of the strip... once it comes into range it switches from a numeric value to a triangular bug.

@robfosters ah ok, I’m not aware of any full quick start option I’m afraid.

Soldato
Couple of questions. When I start at the gate, it’s always cold and dark, is there any quick way to fire up the plane ready for taxiing?

Also, is the ATC on descending broke for anyone else? Always wants me to stay at cruising altitude and fails to vector me in to landing. Have to just ignore it.
Yeah, like maintain FL320 until you're like 8 miles out then descend to 2k feet for approach. I'm only barely able to pull it off with airbrakes and flaps to keep airspeed down and aggressively nosing down.

Caporegime
Yeah, like maintain FL320 until you're like 8 miles out then descend to 2k feet for approach. I'm only barely able to pull it off with airbrakes and flaps to keep airspeed down and aggressively nosing down.
I sometimes request a lower cruising altitude to make them shut up.

Yesterday I was flying Birmingham to Manchester and 20nm out they wanted me at 15,000 ft.

Soldato
Folks... anyone with an X56 playing MSFS?

I have a few questions about the throttle and the RTY3 and 4 knobs....

The throttles are independent but can also be linked so that you dont need to push them individually.
However I find there is a slight bit of wiggle, when you push on one throttle, the other isnt quite locked firmly and its as if there is a little bit of play even when both throttles are lcoked together?

And I find that one of the RTY knobs seems a bit looser than the other? The other takes more force to twist than the other?

Soldato
Yeah, the last dev update on the 4th said it was going well and they “anticipate” having it ready for us on the 11th... hasn’t been any further update since, so the assumption is it’s still planned for today.

Back
Top Bottom