**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
mods in the community folder can cause conflicts with the sim, especially after updates which may break compatibility until the mods are updated. It's generally recommended as step 1 in any trouble shooting so I guess moving the mods out of the folder just avoids any issues and you can then try adding them back (just rename the folder and create a new empty community one is probably easiest unless using a mod manager).

As for the cache, just worth deleting as any data in there which has changed in the update will be outdated (and I suppose could potentially cause conflicts).

Soldato
Nothing yet; although not seen anything 100% confirming we're getting this today either

Yeah, as far as I'm aware they havent ever said "this will release on the 11th" the only wording I've seen was on the 4th where they said they "anticipate" it'll be today.

I think the general consensus is that were it going to be delayed further they would have said so as both times it's been pushed back they gave warning ahead of time. Going to be a whole lot of whinging if it doesn't arrive today though lol.

Associate
Absolutely. And it's not like it's an awful sim to play in the meantime. I'm really loving it.

Too right though I do find it a little irritating that HMS Belfast is currently sat on the bottom of the Thames and London and Birmingham are missing their post office towers whilst Portsmouth has the Spinnaker tower already there, perhaps its an age thing and different generations have a different take on local landmarks.
Is the Angel of the North included I've not flown out of Newcastle to look yet.

Associate
I wonder if Blackpool Tower and the piers will appear, I have also seen Liverpool on a video recently and that needs a lot of work, especially along the Mersey

Associate
A short post from the Microsoft Flight Simulator team has confirmed that the upcoming World Update III: United Kingdom has been delayed again until February 16th 2021. This delay follows various other delays which have been attributed to the new technology and tools being used to incorporate the new photogrammetry cities into the simulator.

Back
Top Bottom