**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
@Zeeflyboy

Is it just me or is the FBW proper borked atm? Sometimes the avionics don’t work, the ILS landings are all over the place and during AP flight, it will suddenly bank to the extreme right and has to be manually brought out of it.

Haven’t tried it recently but it hasn’t been updated in a while as they have been working on the custom autopilot version rather than the FBW... so might be be better off using the dev version rather than the experimental.

I think they plan on sorting it out soon re the installer, I guess they’ll replace experimental FBW with experimental custom autopilot... but until then if you want to try it then you can download the custom autopilot version here https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx

edit - actually looks like they already did. Try the new experimental version on the installer. There’s something to do re thrust lever setup on the EFB but not looked into it yet... think this guy covers it

Last edited:
Caporegime
To anyone using the A32NX there are some big changes coming with it turning into a full standalone aircraft rather than a mod to the existing one.

https://fsnews.eu/the-workshop-16-standalone-a32nx-flypad-improvements-custom-autopilot/
That standalone bit caught me right out lol.

I had to reinstall everything following a clean windows reinstall. Was sitting there angry for 2 days wondering what the hell had happened to the plane. I then realised I was still using the default one? What a knob :cry:

Associate
Hi to all,
I'm still getting to grips with MSFS after FSX and am really missing the 737ng.
On the 320NEO or 747 how do i enter ADF frequencies when there is no ADF panel?
Does it have to be done thru the FMCCDU?
I'm sure its really simple but not obvious
TIA

Soldato
@916Mick

Who the hell wants to use NDBs anymore lol.

Anyhoo, I just had a look at the FBW 320 and indeed it is there. As mentioned it is far and above the stock model and it’s free, even comes with its own installer so no reason not to use it.

The normal way of doing it would be to use the MCDU - press the RAD NAV button (second line down, second from the left and type the Ident (eg I went to TLS and used the NDB “TLF”) or the frequency in the scratch pad and then press the key next to ADF1/FREQ to insert it.

On the FCU beneath the rose and range selector you have two toggle switches to choose between displaying ADF/VOR (1 and 2) so make sure if you have dialled up eg ADF1 then set ADF 1 to display on the ND using that switch.

There is a way to do it using the RMP but it would only be done that way in the event of failure.

Edit - just checked on the standard model too and it also works but will only accept the frequency directly and not the ident.

Last edited:
Soldato
Folks.. after doing the lessons in MSFS2020, are there any lessons that can teach me how to setup routes and literally teach me everything involved in every step from preflight checks and turning on engine, all the way to radios, VFR etc etc, landing taxing.

I.e. from start to finish.... the lessons seem to just fill some gaps but not all.

Associate
Folks.. after doing the lessons in MSFS2020, are there any lessons that can teach me how to setup routes and literally teach me everything involved in every step from preflight checks and turning on engine, all the way to radios, VFR etc etc, landing taxing.

I.e. from start to finish.... the lessons seem to just fill some gaps but not all.

There are lots of video tutorials on YouTube for the A32NX and how to setup the MCDU and autopilot etc. Also full flights you can follow through.

I’m guessing you are more interested in General
Aviation flying though? This can of course be VFR or IFR. There are lots of real world pilot resources available online that you can fully apply in the sim if you are interested.

Soldato
Have Asobo done some work on the A320 since release? I just did a very nice IFR flight across Japan and a perfect ILS landing in it. Only issue was with ATC not respecting the constraint altitudes but that was expected.

Still will be getting the FBW version when the next stable version hits the marketplace, but compared to FSX this is great as is.

Back
Top Bottom