**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
@wunkley motion compensation, not motion smoothing or reprojection. It compensates for movements the motion simulator makes to cancel them out in VR to avoid the view being moved around in relation the cockpit. Currently not OpenXR native but does still work as long as steamVR’s OXR runtime is used.

personally I don’t use motion smoothing, I find the artefacts too irritating from 30fps so yes I limit the frame rate to 30 and turn off smoothing.

Associate
For crying out loud, just updated the sim with the latest fixes and now the bugger is crashing to desktop, game was running perfectly fine till i updated it today, can't play it at all now as it crashes every time just before take off, super ****** off, what the ****'s going on?

Associate
For crying out loud, just updated the sim with the latest fixes and now the bugger is crashing to desktop, game was running perfectly fine till i updated it today, can't play it at all now as it crashes every time just before take off, super ****** off, what the ****'s going on?
Might be worth trying windows\settings\apps\flight sim\advanced and repair or reset, also try the gaming services, I had an issue like that a while ago and repair or reset fixed it

Associate
Might be worth trying windows\settings\apps\flight sim\advanced and repair or reset, also try the gaming services, I had an issue like that a while ago and repair or reset fixed it
ok just tried but after clicking flight sim i just get the option to uninstall no advanced and repair or reset option. what am i doing wrong?

Associate
ok just tried but after clicking flight sim i just get the option to uninstall no advanced and repair or reset option. what am i doing wrong?
Should be in the windows setting\Right underneath the name of the app in blue text advanced options. The repair will try and repair the reset I think may clear some update so you may need to download some updates as well, easiest is try the gaming services and see if that helps

Associate
Should be in the windows setting\Right underneath the name of the app in blue text advanced options. The repair will try and repair the reset I think may clear some update so you may need to download some updates as well, easiest is try the gaming services and see if that helps
still can't find the option, what is gaming service? what do i do? just uninstalled the game and trying fresh install, really fed up as the sim was working flawlessly before the hotfix, or should i say hotfux.

Soldato
Did you have anything in the community folder or eg the FBW from the marketplace? They mention the marketplace FBW specifically as an issue and have temporarily withdrawn it from the store.

I had no CTD issues on the first update and no issues in the hotfix either… had a great time flying the spitfire last night! Hopefully your clean install sorts it for you.

Soldato
still can't find the option, what is gaming service? what do i do? just uninstalled the game and trying fresh install, really fed up as the sim was working flawlessly before the hotfix, or should i say hotfux.
ISTR if you’re on the Steam version that option isn’t available. If you use the Steam verify files feature it wipes the whole game and reinstalls from scratch -all 100+ Gb of it.

Associate
ISTR if you’re on the Steam version that option isn’t available. If you use the Steam verify files feature it wipes the whole game and reinstalls from scratch -all 100+ Gb of it.
Forgot about the steam version, the windows store version has the settings repair option, not sure about the steam one, but the windows services is a windows store install and will be in windows settings

Soldato
There are some horror stories about the hotfix on the MSFS forums, loads and loads of people reporting CDTs all over the place. Seems ok for me though, even if it did reset all my graphics settings!

Associate
Oh my god, game keeps getting wiped off drive, had crash to desktop then when i try relaunching it its been completely wiped, had no probles with this game until this horrible hotfix landed. Guess I'm just gonna have to wait till another update lands before reinstalling, so cheesed off.

Associate
So after spending a small fortune specifically for this sim including a 3090, 32gb ram, 8 core processor, x56 hotas, logitech yoke and quadrant, switch panel, multi panel, instrument panel, rudder pedals, 1tb nvme and a flight stand I can't now play the game at all after the latest hotfux, thanks a bunch Asobo

Last edited:
Soldato
@wunkley motion compensation, not motion smoothing or reprojection. It compensates for movements the motion simulator makes to cancel them out in VR to avoid the view being moved around in relation the cockpit. Currently not OpenXR native but does still work as long as steamVR’s OXR runtime is used.

personally I don’t use motion smoothing, I find the artefacts too irritating from 30fps so yes I limit the frame rate to 30 and turn off smoothing.

Tell me more flyboy, you’ve confused me a bit there.
What version of the game do you run, windows or steam?

I’m on the windows gamepass version so the only option I have regarding any sort of motion setting for VR, far as I know, is to run with motion “reprojection” via OpenXR. The options are auto, always on, or disabled. What/ where is this motion compensation?

As mentioned when I have motion repro on, I can’t maintain 30fps. It often drops down to 22.5 and interpolates x4 up to 90hz, which is horrible, and when it changes between 22.5 and 30 there’s annoying judder.

Back
Top Bottom