**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
Before this patch and hot fix, yes there were bugs and ok frame rates but after them it keeps crashing all the time... ASBO have messed up epically. People have right to be annoyed.

Still a year later this program is a mess.

Beta testers doesn't cover it.

This patch and hot fix have made it worse.

Associate
Well it was working Fine (with some bugs) but this patch and hot fix downgraded the graphics and has inserted crashes that never existed before. Good job asobo! I agree with plenty of other commentators on this forum post that MSFS is a questionable product.

Soldato
Head over to the MSFS forums, the consensus and trend is not positive.

To be fair, huge confirmation bias in that statement.

I am absolutely not going to minimise those that are having problems, clearly there are some serious issues and they absolutely need to do better.

However the vast majority of people do not go to the forum to complain about how well their sim is working. For every perfectly valid complaint on there, there can be literal thousands quietly enjoying their sim…. There are also some very loud and permanent complainers on that forum who will never be happy, and frankly quite often don’t know their arse from their elbow when it comes to flying, computers, game development or seemingly even possess sufficient self awareness to be able to tie their own shoelaces. Yet they will comment authoritatively about how **** the flight model is, whine about often imagined issues and invent conspiracy theories to explain what they see as failings.

There is some great content on there, but there is also an inordinate amount of dross.

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair, huge confirmation bias in that statement.

I am absolutely not going to minimise those that are having problems, clearly there are some serious issues and they absolutely need to do better.

However the vast majority of people do not go to the forum to complain about how well their sim is working. For every perfectly valid complaint on there, there can be literal thousands quietly enjoying their sim…. There are also some very loud and permanent complainers on that forum who will never be happy, and frankly quite often don’t know their arse from their elbow when it comes to flying, computers, game development or seemingly even possess sufficient self awareness to be able to tie their own shoelaces. Yet they will comment authoritatively about how **** the flight model is, whine about often imagined issues and invent conspiracy theories to explain what they see as failings.

There is some great content on there, but there is also an inordinate amount of dross.

Well count me as a someone who is happy!

The Frankfurt airport that used to be at 10 fps is now 40-50, that was probably more a bug than simply a performance improvement but the game is working again in the most part.

Still crashing when I try and change a key binding for avionics master button 1 and 2, would be interested to see if others get that, more a freeze than a ctd.

Associate
Another non fan of motion reprojection here, the visual artifacts it produces when looking through a prop for example are pretty bad. I'm saddened to see some here are having a bad time with this update, it's added an extra 10-15 fps for me tbh so i'm happy with it. On another note, does anyone play a career mode add on in the game like FSEconomy? I've just started messing around with a free career mode add on called NeoFly. So far so good. Just delivered a medical team to a road crash in the Snowdonia region using an Airbus H135 helicopter. Really enjoyable. I recommend it.

Soldato
I tried this with VR. 3080ti and 5800x. Used some YouTuber settings on Quest 2. Looks good but getting some stuttering. Noticeable when looking out the sides. Doesn't matter what settings I put it on, it doesn't change. Which suggests a software issue rather than performance.

Anything within oculus or windows to consider changing?

Associate
Any success with the FPS dropping when panning the camera.
I get solid 60fps (vsync on) for most part until I do. Seems CPU usage shoots up to 100% momentarily.
I5 9600 @4.9hz paired with a 3080FE.

Back
Top Bottom