**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Don't knock it, I agree a proper joystick etc. is better but the XBox controller gives you all the important features in a small and portable form. When I'm out and about with the laptop it's what I tend to take with me. I have full analogue control of the ailerons/elevators plus the rudder. There is full look around using the 2nd joystick plus buttons for trim, gear, brakes etc.

Not that different to using an RC remote for flying a model plane really!

I'm still waiting to get a chance to jump into the alpha... still haven't been chosen sadly. I could do with brushing up on the airbus, I'm starting to forget what it looks like!

Associate
I'm not on the alpha :( but I think you get a basic world in the game, as you do with FSX which was significantly smaller than 150GB, then you can have enhanced scenery you either pre-download or download as you fly over it. I believe this in then cached until replaced by other scenery.

Soldato
The OcUK "blog" post on this is shocking. Grammatical errors aside, (what even is an "unrealistic player filter" anyway?), the reason enterprise grade CPUs are recommended is because this is exactly that, a simulator for Enterprises. Most airline companies use this for pilot training. It's not a "game", it's just very nice and polite of MS to make it available for the likes of us.

Soldato
Just got my alpha invite, if you are signed up be sure to check your inbox as they have clearly added some new testers.

looking forward to trying this out when it finally downloads... the basic package seems to be about a 116gb download.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Amazing. I've also just watched Obsidian Ant's and Aus Flight Simmer's videos. This game is going to be mega. I'm slightly worried about the development costs that MS are going to have to recoup through licence charges.

Oh and SIDs and STARs now supported directly in the game, removing the last reason I would use X-Plane and removing the requirement to go and map routes on third party websites.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh and SIDs and STARs now supported directly in the game, removing the last reason I would use X-Plane and removing the requirement to go and map routes on third party websites.

Its a brilliant step to get dep and arrivals now but be interesting to see how the default ATC handles it all. As for third party sites I think they'll still have a role esp for load sheets etc unless your using another piece of software for performace data etc.

Back
Top Bottom