**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Yeah thanks for sharing. Some good stuff in there, and a lot of things that echo exactly what I feel so that is good.

Really looking forward to the PMDG 737 that's for sure. Hopefully we'll get a good Q400 too from someone.

Soldato
Well, I've already uninstalled the beta from my system. It's awful. Contrary to what I feared, my system handled it fine. However, akin to what others have said previously, this is a [not including airports] scenery generator.

The airports were pimped to be amazing, even at basic level. They're not. Aircraft are cartoonish and handling is way off target.

The UI is too gamey and whilst eventually decipherable, is just not what serious simmers/FS veterans are used to. Default control/commands are not what we're used to. Night lighting at airports is non-existent.

I was a tester for Flight when that flopped. That almost spent as much time on my HD as this did. Almost.

WX FX seem ok though. Just like previous releases, FS2020 and the like were billed to be the dogs' doodahs and failed to deliver until various updates and 3rd party addons were completed.

I'll be sticking with P3D for a couple of years yet I think.

So glad I never pre-ordered.

Are you comparing P3D *vanilla* to MS Flight?

Soldato
I am looking forward to this.

FSX is dated, despite all the mods. It is amazing what has been done with it but time to start again.

I think I will get my moneys worth, even if dropping £100 but have not decided which version.

I just want Heathrow.

Is there a career mode as such, would love flying Ryan Air and losing landing/take off spots etc and costing **** face a load of money.

Are the airports "alive" as such?

For example, is Heathrow as BUSY as Heathrow?

Last edited:
Associate
I just want Heathrow.

Is there a career mode as such, would love flying Ryan Air and losing landing/take off spots etc and costing **** face a load of money.

No Career mode but I really hope they will add something where you start on C152 with little money and build it up
Airports have some planes taking off and ground vehicles but not as busy as in RL and I noticed small airports spawn tug tractors for towing jumbo jets or you will see american truck driving next to airport in French alps for instance.

Soldato
It took years before FSX had the likes of Ultimate Traffic, so whilst it does appear to have some kind of live AI traffic I doubt it's anywhere near accurate in volume or variety.

I used to love FSPassengers with FS2004 and FSX - but the developer is MIA and has been for some time. AirHauler is being developed for XPlane still but they haven't announced for FS2020 either.

Soldato
You can speed up time, the problem I have with it is there is no indication how much you’ve sped up, so can be annoying to get back to normal speed!

Soldato
I am looking forward to this.

FSX is dated, despite all the mods. It is amazing what has been done with it but time to start again.

I think I will get my moneys worth, even if dropping £100 but have not decided which version.

I just want Heathrow.

Not busy at the moment no, there are some planes around though. The plan is to be able to display all the live traffic if you so choose I believe.

I’m not sure how this will actually work in reality at major airports... now is obviously a slightly different time thanks to corona, but generally speaking during the summer you’d never be able to shoot an approach into somewhere like Gatwick or Heathrow without other planes getting in the way.

no career mode, but there are eg landing challenges and flight training lessons.

Associate
You can speed up time, the problem I have with it is there is no indication how much you’ve sped up, so can be annoying to get back to normal speed!
Spam button to slow down and then press speed up twice, slowing down will always get you back to normal from 1/4, 1/2 to 1

Associate
Not busy at the moment no, there are some planes around though. The plan is to be able to display all the live traffic if you so choose I believe.

I’m not sure how this will actually work in reality at major airports... now is obviously a slightly different time thanks to corona, but generally speaking during the summer you’d never be able to shoot an approach into somewhere like Gatwick or Heathrow without other planes getting in the way.

no career mode, but there are eg landing challenges and flight training lessons.
I’d love to be able to enter a stack for busier airports and landing slots. That would add to the realism but I’m probably asking too much. Perhaps in a later patch things like this will come.

Soldato
Could the lack of traffic bear some reflection of the lower covid 19 traffic? Or are we talking about ground support vehicles?

Talking about aircraft traffic. Yes certainly real world flights are way down, but I think even so the airports are extremely quiet. One could pull up Flightradar or similar and check if one felt so inclined.

Spam button to slow down and then press speed up twice, slowing down will always get you back to normal from 1/4, 1/2 to 1

good tip thanks. Would still be good for a multiplier indicator to pop up for anything other than 1x but that’s a reasonable workaround.

I’d love to be able to enter a stack for busier airports and landing slots. That would add to the realism but I’m probably asking too much. Perhaps in a later patch things like this will come.

Not that it’s something I’m familiar with, but I believe that’s the sort of thing that Vatsim will allow you to play with if that’s your bag.

Soldato
NOBnrJN.jpg

Min spec to play you could probably manage for £300-400 especially with some used parts, but for a better experience you're looking at £600+

The better way to do it would be to set yourself a budget then spec something to that budget.

Thos published system requirements are totally misleading - if your pc has those "min" specs you will be playing this game at 720p. With those recommended specs you can do 1080p medium or low settings.

Back
Top Bottom