1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by lurkio, 10 Jun 2019.

1. Zeeflyboy

Wise Guy

Someone a while back was asking about wildlife - obsidianant has a great video for that person whoever it was!

edit - @twoodster it was you!

2. no idea what

Capodecina

Not sure how it's misleading. Min specs are min specs, 720p low is still playing it.

3. inferno

Wise Guy

Thanks for that. I think I will get it and use it to practise on the PMDG 777 since until recently I was employed as a 777/787 pilot. Full flights sims are running at around about 1500 euros per session per person, so this is just a bit cheaper!

4. Zeeflyboy

Wise Guy

Sorry to hear that mate, team Nigel?

5. physichull

Sgarrista

You will be waiting a while, the PMDG 777 won't be released for a while yet.

6. SPG

Soldato

Just remember fixed wing is just failed helicopter pilots. Same as F1 drivers are just failed motorcycle racers :)

7. Participant

Caporegime

I guess if your definition of failure is vastly higher average salaries and lower chance of dying :p.

8. SPG

Soldato

Absolutely the compensation may be better and the outward face being awesome, but deep down your soul is rotting :)

9. Andr3w

Capodecina

If I got the normal version, will it be possible to upgrade to the deluxe etc versions in the future?

10. Morfinel

Hitman

Yes but it will cost more

11. Uhtred

Soldato

There is for Southampton. If you have windows 10 load bing maps and have a look.

12. phil-k

Wise Guy

Has anyone who has had a pre-release copy seen how many cores it uses, is there any benefit in getting a processor with more cores

13. no idea what

Capodecina

It's not actually very cpu heavy at all. It spreads the load across the cores quite well though, unlike P3d and XP11 that load one core flat out and the rest doing a little.

I'd recommend an 8 core cpu as something that will last you well in any game for a few years.

14. VortexA1

Wise Guy

I load it and I've installed the 3d plugin but all I can get is birds-eye view. You got the 3d working? :confused: ah I installed bing maps 3d off the Microsoft store.

Last edited: 9 Aug 2020
  15. physichull

Sgarrista

16. Stu999

Wise Guy

Good spot @physichull - nice to see this type of content will be available soon after launch.

17. physichull

Sgarrista

40% discounts for folk who already own the products but for another platform.

Things I gleaned from this is that there are potentially multiple companies vying for the same things here. They are also doing an Innsbruck, which already comes with the MS bundle. They are also doing London landmarks, which I'd imagine may be coveted by other third parties I guess. Could be interesting, but could mean the market is a bit of a jumble sale.

18. TNA

Capodecina

Nice, I have one on X-Plane that I would buy for Flight Simulator 2020 :)

19. Uhtred

Soldato

Yeah I think I had to download the app from the store. If you switch to aerial and then on the right hand side you've got a tool for switching to 3d (just below the compass).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h668dcsbxh05x1d/ocuk.png?dl=0[​IMG]

20. twoodster

Hitman

It was! Thanks for that. Slightly disappointing though as I guess animals are only in select locations. Was kinda hoping birds etc would be everywhere. Can't have everything though I guess!