1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by lurkio, 10 Jun 2019.

1. Screeeech

Mobster

rofl

so I downloaded the installer (600MB thingy) at like 350Mbps... now I'm downloading 90GB of content, at.. 12-15Mbps...

2. Morfinel

Hitman

How fast is your interent? And how much is using when loading, most loads are internet dependent.

3. eekfek

Soldato

I have a 3.6GiB update that refuses to start ... Please Wait ...... :mad:

Restarted numerous times with no luck .

4. Datamonkey

Soldato

Seems to be progressing now, ran as admin :) thanks for the tip,

Internet speed shouldn't be an issue, 920mb/120mb down/up connection

5. Datamonkey

Soldato

I was getting stuck on that, then stuck on the loading screen, launch the game as an admin.

Seems to be working for me.

6. McPhee

Soldato

I'm on attempt number 3 to get this working.

First time out, I could get to the big world map screen. But the game would crash when loading the next bit. Tried updating my graphics drivers, running as admin, etc. and nothing worked. Reinstalled overnight.

Second go. This time, I get an infinite loading screen immediately on opening the game. Again, nothing would fix it.

Went with the nuclear option; full Windows reinstall. Was having some GPU issues that DDU wasn't fixing anyway. But another 90GB+ download plus having to reinstall everything else (real shame Windows Store and Epic games can't be carried over between installs; that's a good Terrabyte of data I need to redownload). My GPU issues appear to be fixed. Fingers crossed Flight Sim works once the 3-4 hour install is finished... :rolleyes:

7. tracertong

Wise Guy

This is the update screen I am stuck on , not doing anything and the only option is to pause , maybe a server problem ?

https://ibb.co/rw0TJN9

8. FBi7

Hitman

Just started to download the sim.

Should be done in about 5 hours! :D

9. Uhtred

Soldato

What kind of speeds are you getting @Datamonkey? I noticed mine wasn't maxing my line continuously but rather downloading a chunk, decompressing it and then moving on to the next chunk.

10. Morfinel

Hitman

This gives me GTAV flashback dowloading game at 10 kbps when it came out, I suspect there is a lots of ppl dowloading from steam now.

11. McGraw

Mobster

Mine is slow. I’m getting less than 2mb/s when I can do over 6.

12. Screeeech

Mobster

I think Cloudfront is getting hammered to be honest, mine is dropping to 800Kbps on a 350Mbps connection,

13. Digital X

Sgarrista

I can't get the brakes off. I plugin a PS4 controller, and with/without DS4 windows the Y+B buttons (triangle and circle on PS4) dont disengage brakes, I'll try my xbox pad.

14. Cavallino

Capodecina

Folks when the app is downloading updates, it seems to close the App down randomly, no idea why, does anyone know?

15. Tombstone

Capodecina

Gamepass

16. Trifid

Sgarrista

Any ideas on this? If I turn left the flight surfaces will remain in that position until I turn right. The calibration does go back to centre but not the flight surfaces in game.

17. Screeeech

Mobster

Ages since I had this issue in DCS, have you tried playing with the deadzone in controller settings, in control panel?

18. eekfek

Soldato

I've tried running it as Admin and still no luck.. I'll try a few more times maybe one will get lucky ! cheers anyways !

19. Super Tigers

Wise Guy

All downloaded and installed, I have had to buy a cheap Xbox controller now, I must admit it looks excellent, only running on Ryzen5 4600HS and Nvidia 1650TI 4GB though on 1080HD.

20. Tombstone

Capodecina

As a flight/world Sim, its pretty impressive. In some places it looks phenomenal, in other places (sadly the very places that I would want to see, the out of reach, remote places of the world that I wont have the opportunity to see in real life) it looks very bad. Its probably one of the best iterations of MS Flight Sim that I've seen and I can easily see a flight sim buff spending thousands and thousands of ££s on this. At the moment I am in the honeymoon period of "ooh, lets fly over place X where we went on holiday" and "ooh, lets fly over my house, my workplace" and so on, but as I am not a flight sim buff I suspect that once the novelty of seeing those places has worn off I probably wont touch it again. For buffs though, I imagine its going to keep them going for many many years and many many purchases