**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
How on earth did people find their houses? I'm just flying around and I have no idea what direction is there a way to map directly to your house if you know the coords?

Soldato
Ages since I had this issue in DCS, have you tried playing with the deadzone in controller settings, in control panel?

The thing is, it isn't dead zone within the game, but recognising the reverse of the input as you start returning to centre. For example the rear aileron will go down ok, but won't start returning to centre until the joystick is pushed down in the opposite direction. It's very weird.

Soldato
Forgive me if I've missed the post but when is it available via game pass? I've got a live subscription but it will only allow me to buy it for £59.99, not play it as part of game pass.

*Seems that if I click on the Flight Sim tab on the game pass page, it doesn't give an install option. If I go through store > simulation > Microsoft Flight Sim, it lets me install.*
You would need to have a Game Pass subscription rather than just Xbox Live subscription.

Soldato
As a flight/world Sim, its pretty impressive. In some places it looks phenomenal, in other places (sadly the very places that I would want to see, the out of reach, remote places of the world that I wont have the opportunity to see in real life) it looks very bad. Its probably one of the best iterations of MS Flight Sim that I've seen and I can easily see a flight sim buff spending thousands and thousands of ££s on this. At the moment I am in the honeymoon period of "ooh, lets fly over place X where we went on holiday" and "ooh, lets fly over my house, my workplace" and so on, but as I am not a flight sim buff I suspect that once the novelty of seeing those places has worn off I probably wont touch it again. For buffs though, I imagine its going to keep them going for many many years and many many purchases

Pretty much this - the novelty is starting to wear off now that I've tried some actual flights. I'm an airliner kinda guy and the game as it is is severely lacking for IFR flying and full of bugs. With more airliners, liveries, an FSPassengers-type addon, I can see myself coming back to it but at the moment... meh.

For GA flying though - it's amazing.

Soldato
I have a 3.6GiB update that refuses to start ... Please Wait ...... :mad:

Restarted numerous times with no luck .

You need to go into the game installation folder, look for the folder with all the game files (from memory it's something like OneStore) and then sort the files by date modified. Delete all the files that have the most recent timestamp on them, then reload the client. It should fix that error but it'll start downloading loads of stuff again. At least it gets past the error though.

Soldato
You need to go into the game installation folder, look for the folder with all the game files (from memory it's something like OneStore) and then sort the files by date modified. Delete all the files that have the most recent timestamp on them, then reload the client. It should fix that error but it'll start downloading loads of stuff again. At least it gets past the error though.

Righto, I'll give that a go ! cheers

Soldato
The thing is, it isn't dead zone within the game, but recognising the reverse of the input as you start returning to centre. For example the rear aileron will go down ok, but won't start returning to centre until the joystick is pushed down in the opposite direction. It's very weird.

Yeah not sure how you fix that, :(

Soldato
It shows 156GB on the MS store. Regardless of the different size, 90gb is still a big chunk of time on a 50/20 Fiber line, even more so through the very slow Windows Store servers. Wont be getting anywhere near a maxed out download as is per the norm through Windows Store.

It took me about 5 hours on a 42Mbit line. I just left it running overnight.

Soldato
First time trying this game and it seems too taxing for my computer I have an overclocked 5700xt which I did overclock was stable done many stress tests played different games no issues but this game seems its whole new level of stress testing and it crashed it , running at high at 1440p I get around 45-60 fps doesnt feel smooth

Last edited:
Soldato
It shows 156GB on the MS store. Regardless of the different size, 90gb is still a big chunk of time on a 50/20 Fiber line, even more so through the very slow Windows Store servers. Wont be getting anywhere near a maxed out download as is per the norm through Windows Store.

Install size vs download size... as mentioned the download is around 91gb or something in that region.

smaller than COD!

Soldato
Asobo download finished but helpfully goes to an uninformative black screen, though something happening as HDD light still on almost constantly.

Oh hang on just gone to a bigger black screen...

This is good stuff, worst installer ever!

Soldato
All up and running, did the first training flight. Game chose medium settings which seem good enough over Sedona, maybe more tweaking later to squeeze a few more FPS.

No drama evident from the GPU or CPU.

Possibly need to desensitise the control input a bit as my Logitech 3D Pro definitely twitchy.

Anyhow real world now intervening (wife wants a walk) but so far, yep not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom