**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
VPN and remote desktop into my PC from work to keep an eye on it. It started at 7.45am, it might just be finished in time for when I get home! 30mb connection certainly shows its age doing this type of thing.

evz4BiD.png

Associate
Lol, from steam
581FA2F2140A90C501CD90A3DD13EC217EBDF11F

Soldato
What a disaster this is from gamepass. Crashes galore then you need to run as admin and delete folders as it gets stuck on a blue bar then you get debug errors download at 20gb then 50gb I gave up at this point not that bothered about it tbh. If i had paid for it i would be raging.

Associate
Has anyone managed to set up a HOTAS?

Cannot for the life of me get my X52 to work properly - It acts like a Dpad, all or nothing type of scenario....

Soldato
I'm having issues with downloading, it just stops, have to restart pc, then start flight simulstor, close it as it crashes, restart it, it then lets me play without all files, I then have to repair it and it then starts downloading again for about 5gb.

Soldato
Finally got it downloaded. Pretty choppy at 4k but I jumped in a Bonanza and flew out of East Midlands and checked out the house. It's really nice to have easily readable ground detail for VFR flight anywhere on the globe. Flys alright on a controller too.

Sounds seems pretty borked though, it does weird things to my sound controls, makes volume mixed stop responding.

smr

smr

Soldato
How's the game running on your rigs and what hardware have you got ?

I'm looking to buy a new computer, the CPU, RAM and Mobo are easy choices, it's the graphics card which isn't, is it best to wait now until the next gen cards come out in the Autumn?

Soldato
Zero problems here with the game pass version. Playing at 1440p on a i7 8700/1080ti and currently on the ultra preset, seems to be fine. Not sure on framerate but definitely playable.

Associate
Mines ok on medium but anything above and it chugs, think I need a better graphics card! World detail looks ok at medium setting but not amazing when you're close to the ground. Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB, RX480 4Gb.

Back
Top Bottom