*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Associate
Yeah a 'silence/disable sword attacks' button could have worked very well actually.
At the same time though, I liked how the system forced you to be patient with your initial move and timings thereafter, and you could get a good string going if you adjusted quickly during recovery of attacks.
I think by about a third way through the game I stopped have any issues getting the direction and angles I wanted on sword attacks.

It wasn't perfect, perhaps partly due to expectations one could have going in, but easily one of high points of motion controls so far imo.

Associate
Decided I'll trade in my vita for the U as I can't really see myself playing much hardcore games on it when I do finally get a ps4. Plus the U can do the whole remote play on its pad thing. Which would be better for those types of games.

How well does the remote play work?

Soldato
Decided I'll trade in my vita for the U as I can't really see myself playing much hardcore games on it when I do finally get a ps4. Plus the U can do the whole remote play on its pad thing. Which would be better for those types of games.

I think the Wii U remote play works best from this PS4-Vita review.

Soldato

The pad is infra-red connected to the console - so the console sends audio/ visual to the pad and the pad sends button and gyro input back.

Range is over 20 feet from the console.

Generally the signal goes through floors nicely, it doesn't go through walls quite so well. I can take mine into the bedroom and play in bed with the console downstairs under the TV no problem - it's all house dependant obviously. Sometimes I've took the pad into the kitchen and played a game whist I've got something in the oven or pans on the cooker, it's nice having the freedom to move around the house if you wish.

Last edited:
Associate
Ah that's great news! Just need to complete tearaway and I'll get him traded in!

Should get about £70 for the vita, a game abd memory card. So that should be fine. Just need to budget for Christmas and I might be able to get one next week!

Soldato
Anyone want to play Wii Sports tennis at some point?

I'm completely useless so no fear of getting spanked - I just want the training, I was playing online last night and won about 2 games out of 12. :(

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I don't know the 3DS has a very good selection of games and you can get Mario Land 3D for free with the Nintendo promotion.

Soldato
I can understand folk wanting a Wii U as it really is superb, but trading in also superb machines such as the vita makes no sense. Really wouldn't take that long to save / earn the kind of money you'll get for a 2nd hand Vita.

Associate
Thinking of getting a Wii U in the house, to be honest, didn't use the Wii we have much, maybe cos' it wasn't HD?...This really does look the business in terms of Mario etc, deffo a Mario Kart fan (Thrashed that on Wii)...

Just a few q's though, do I need an additional gamepad? Or is the one enough for two player, I assume I have to get one more controller, and I am good?...Is the game pad battery adequate or do I have to 'add on' the high capacity battery pack?... Do battery life in the controllers die quickly? Sorry for the boatload of questions, just want your prospective guys and gals.

I guess I will order with Super Mario 3D World on the rainforest.

Will be getting a PS4 of course naturally, but a bit of fun before Xmas sounds good with this. Just as the non serious console.

Associate
Just a few q's though, do I need an additional gamepad? Or is the one enough for two player, I assume I have to get one more controller, and I am good?

People generally stick to 1 gamepad (I don't think you can buy new gamepads officially), and use wiimotes (which sounds like you have), or the pro controller for other players. You'll want to keep wiimotes for original wii games anyways.

Associate
Thinking of getting a Wii U in the house, to be honest, didn't use the Wii we have much, maybe cos' it wasn't HD?...This really does look the business in terms of Mario etc, deffo a Mario Kart fan (Thrashed that on Wii)...

Just a few q's though, do I need an additional gamepad? Or is the one enough for two player, I assume I have to get one more controller, and I am good?...Is the game pad battery adequate or do I have to 'add on' the high capacity battery pack?... Do battery life in the controllers die quickly? Sorry for the boatload of questions, just want your prospective guys and gals.

I guess I will order with Super Mario 3D World on the rainforest.

Will be getting a PS4 of course naturally, but a bit of fun before Xmas sounds good with this. Just as the non serious console.

You would deffo need to get a few wiimotes if you want to play with the family, which can add to the cost. Get wii u party because you get a great party game with a wiimote for the price of a single wiimote. The battery life is not that bad it could be better, mine last about 4 hours. The extended battery takes that up to about 7 hours, so is worth the extra outlay. the batterys on the wiimote's last a good amount of time. you could buy a recharge kit for them at the rainforest for about £15.00. Mario is incredible pure Nintendo. My mates were all round yesterday and they have ps4 an xbox one's and they all had massive praise for the Wii U. If you have a family though you have to get Nintendo land, Mario chase is so much fun. Oh and welcome to the Wii U family:D

Associate
Thanks guys, the Wii U side of the forum seem so friendly lol... (Don't get that often these days round here) !

Wii U Premium, + Mario Luigi pack - Worth it? £239 on the rain forest at the moment... are them games any good? Or just worth getting the new Mario 3D?

Gonna get pre orders on Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong (seem the best games coming out soon) as well as Zombie U gets some good votes around these sides. Also quick q, what does the pro remote work for?..I assume things like 007 Goldeneye right?... is it a must right now for games such as Mario 3D World

Associate
Thanks guys, the Wii U side of the forum seem so friendly lol... (Don't get that often these days round here) !

Wii U Premium, + Mario Luigi pack - Worth it? £239 on the rain forest at the moment... are them games any good? Or just worth getting the new Mario 3D?

Gonna get pre orders on Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong (seem the best games coming out soon) as well as Zombie U gets some good votes around these sides. Also quick q, what does the pro remote work for?..I assume things like 007 Goldeneye right?... is it a must right now for games such as Mario 3D World

Yeah we are a friendly bunch here :D The best deal i've seen for a Mario bundle is this one from Nintendo store http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-hardware/mario-mega-bundle/10874508.html You get the two Mario games you spoke of plus Mario 3d word and a wiimote plus a MARIO HAT!! for £299.99.

Associate

That's the normal price at the mo but the bundles have been occasionally on sale at various places including the forest at £199, so if you can wait you can save 40-50 quid.

Back
Top Bottom