*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Soldato
Nintendo could have taken this opportunity to really stick it to Sony and MS by simply reminding the world of what they've got in the pipeline.

They've not done themselves any favours tonight - it wouldn't have cost them a thing to have given Reggie a few nuggets on X/Zelda/Mariokart/Yoshi etc.

Just a few words would have done the trick. Or a stage further - a single screenshot of Zelda would have sent massive shockwaves across the internet.

But no :(

Associate
I think with so many other iconic games coming out earlier and 2 Zelda games only just released they're saving Wii U Zelda for E3. If the other regular franchises don't hit their targets for the first half of the year they'll have to smash it out the park at E3.

Associate
Awww, I thought their was another Nintendo thing near the end. Went to bed when the rockstar music was on, looking forward to this reveal. But yeah, should have shown a picture or anything. Just to reignite the fire over Christmas.

Associate
Finally got the Wii U setup, updated, accounts made and had a fiddle about getting used to the menu etc.Never owned the Wii.

Played Lego City:undercover 9hrs straight yesterday (with the odd little break of course). Awesome game and love the pad interaction for the map and video calls.

Associate
I can understand folk wanting a Wii U as it really is superb, but trading in also superb machines such as the vita makes no sense. Really wouldn't take that long to save / earn the kind of money you'll get for a 2nd hand Vita.

Never seen this reply. You've got a point. The only reason i was gonna get rid of the vita is, i dont really play it. Saves collecting dust. but its hard to tell how much i'll play once ive gotten a ps4.

Associate
I can understand folk wanting a Wii U as it really is superb, but trading in also superb machines such as the vita makes no sense. Really wouldn't take that long to save / earn the kind of money you'll get for a 2nd hand Vita.

I traded in my vita... Twice (I have owned 2). The games on that platform don't interest me in the slightest. I went for a wii u + 3ds xl and they are both outstanding devices with a much better library of games :)

Associate
Oh Jesus, is this the path I'll be following? Haha. Ocatina of time in 3d. Why would you put this idea in my head?

I put a list of things the boss(girlfriend) can get me for Christmas. Fingers crossed!!! Not letting her get the console itself. I'll get that just before Christmas, but other goodies!

Associate
Link to the Past hitting the virtual console this Thursday. Think I'll play that before starting Link Between Worlds.

Been playing this beforehand as well, missed it on the SNES. They really are timeless games, keep wanting to progress onto solving the next dungeon. Also awesome to see how ideas progressed into OoT, which will always be my favourite game of all time.

Oh and Kobi you need 3D OoT, it really improves the gameplay of the original with quick access inventory/extra buttons on the touch screen. Also the updated textures and 3D are well done.

Associate
I can't lie. I'm frothing at the mouth just thinking about it. I'll get the limited edtion zelda Wii u with the same limited edition Zelda on the 3ds xl. As much as I want the normal 3ds, I'm not paying over the price of the xl for a used one.

Exciting times indeed!

Back
Top Bottom