*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Soldato
I'm either bad at games or Luigi U is hard.

I think I should have purchased normal Mario Bros U!

Game pad thrown out the window!

It's like that at first, but once you get used to the way he jumps, you will breeze through most levels. I find it's when you add your other half into the mix on either game it becomes impossible :p

Soldato
Hoping I get Wind Waker for Xmas :)
I was really upset a week or so back as someone walked out with the last copy of Wind Waker in a Blockbuster for £20 new right in front of me whilst i was thinking about whether to buy it.

I do have a new house to think about and a BIG backlog of games though, so I will last if I can't improve my WiiU library until next year!

POB

POB

Soldato
With Christmas here soon, what at the best Wii U party or multi-player games?

Not to get for Christmas, just to play with random collections of people.

I've only two games at the moment. Lego City & Super Luigi U

Last edited:
Soldato
With Christmas here soon, what at the best Wii U party or multi-player games?

Not to get for Christmas, just to play with random collections of people.

I've only two games at the moment. Lego City & Super Luigi U

Wii Party U Super Mario 3D World and Sega and Sonic All Stars Racing are my family's fav mp games - we even get non-gaming mum involved. :D

As said in the Mario thread - 4 player Mario is an utter riot.

Nintendoland also very good for mp - in fact it's pretty useless as a sp game.

Associate
Why do I still want to buy zelda on the wii u despite having an original copy on the snes I sat and played through earlier this year.

I have the original Snes verion, GBA version, Wii virtual console version and have now just bought the Wii U virtual console version.:o

I might try and complete it this time.

Soldato
Wonder if we'll get an end-of-year Nintendo Direct this month?

Or will it be a start-of-year Nintendo Direct in Jan perhaps?

Whichever - I suspect the next Nintendo Direct is going to be the big one - owners (and investors) will want to see 2014 mapped out by Iwata.

Soldato
Haha that sounds like me with OoT. Never actually completed it. Something always come up and never got back into it. I WILL this time though!

Heathen :) Get to it!

I've owned OoT on the N64, GC and now 3DS, and it's always great. I think I only prefer WW due to how stunning it looked at the time - I was utterly floored and am still impressed today on the WiiU!

Majora's Mask so needs a remake.

Soldato
Wonder if we'll get an end-of-year Nintendo Direct this month?

Or will it be a start-of-year Nintendo Direct in Jan perhaps?

Whichever - I suspect the next Nintendo Direct is going to be the big one - owners (and investors) will want to see 2014 mapped out by Iwata.

I imagine it'll be January merlin, similar to the way they played it last year with the announcements aplenty!

Release dates for Mario Kart and Smash would be a great start...a proper tease of Zelda and possibly of the next fully 3D Mario Adventure...Metroid too...oh and F-Zero...why not Star Fox too :p Ok I'm being greedy now! :D

I don't know if I'm the only one here but I have a feeling a new Legend of Zelda or Metroid game may not be released on Wii U yet on the next Console instead (maybe even a new one in 2015). Should sales continue the way they are the platform may be abandoned quicker than we expect. I hope they prove me wrong however...

Associate
Heathen :) Get to it!

I've owned OoT on the N64, GC and now 3DS, and it's always great. I think I only prefer WW due to how stunning it looked at the time - I was utterly floored and am still impressed today on the WiiU!

Majora's Mask so needs a remake.

Yeah, i had it for the N64 and the Wii, didnt even know it was out for the GC. But somehow now im looking at Gamecubes on ebay! i even see Majoras mask came out for that too! If i see any other games, then i might have to get a GC again.

Soldato
Am i right thinking that you cant use the gamepad controls when using it to play Wii games off screen? Do you need to sync a wii compatible controller with the gamepad?

Back
Top Bottom