*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Soldato
Just had a wii remote plus and nunchuck through the door. Now I can finally play xenoblade chronicles and the last story. Now just gotta decide which epic game I got to start first.

Caporegime
Is it recommended to go for an official Wii remote plus to use with the WiiU? Seems pretty damn expensive to pick one up, think the best deal is getting one bundled in with U Play?

Associate
Now this isn't a Wii u post, more of a Nintendo one. I'm needing advice!

Since warbie's post, I've been looking at gamecubes (the git!). Now my original plan was to get a 3ds xl, with OoT and ALBW. But apart from that, I can't see me playing much else. Any future releases don't really interest me, apart from the likeliness of majoras mask getting remade. So my options are:

Get a 3ds xl, with both Zelda games, possible chance of a 3rd. Roughly £200(2 games, console)
Get a gamecube with OoT and MM and possibly some other Zelda games(twilight princess). Roughly £110 (3 games, console)
Get an n64 for both Zelda's, along with other games down the line. Roughly £150 (2 games, console, memory pack)

Now as far as I've been reading the GameCube has the best versions of all Zelda games(better than Wii vc version too and TW on the Wii) the gamecube is the cheapest, better playing on the TV than handheld. So....

Should I get a GameCube?

Edit: or just get the Wii versions of all games and buy a classic controller.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it recommended to go for an official Wii remote plus to use with the WiiU? Seems pretty damn expensive to pick one up, think the best deal is getting one bundled in with U Play?

Yeah Wii Party U comes with an official wii mote motion plus - £32, it's like getting the game for free.

Soldato
Now this isn't a Wii u post, more of a Nintendo one. I'm needing advice!

Since warbie's post, I've been looking at gamecubes (the git!). Now my original plan was to get a 3ds xl, with OoT and ALBW. But apart from that, I can't see me playing much else. Any future releases don't really interest me, apart from the likeliness of majoras mask getting remade. So my options are:

Get a 3ds xl, with both Zelda games, possible chance of a 3rd. Roughly £200(2 games, console)
Get a gamecube with OoT and MM and possibly some other Zelda games(twilight princess). Roughly £110 (3 games, console)
Get an n64 for both Zelda's, along with other games down the line. Roughly £150 (2 games, console, memory pack)

Now as far as I've been reading the GameCube has the best versions of all Zelda games(better than Wii vc version too and TW on the Wii) the gamecube is the cheapest, better playing on the TV than handheld. So....

Should I get a GameCube?

Edit: or just get the Wii versions of all games and buy a classic controller.

Hi mate. See if your Wii supports GC games:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/W...GameCube-software-and-accessories-242193.html

If it does, just get them on the Wii. The GC was vastly under appreciated btw - plenty of gems to be had.

Associate
Ah I don't have a Wii anymore. Wii U getting bought this Friday. It's just I can see the 3ds collecting dust, as would the GameCube, but I'd get to at least play it on the bigger screen, along with saving money. The bonus over the Wii vc version was the higher resolution OoT.

Soldato
Picked up Mass Effect 3 from argos outlet on ebay for £9.95.

Got it for pc but since it doesn't have gamepad support and its a nightmare trying to get it working through gamepad software I've never got past the first hour or so.

Another code anyway for you Kreeeeee

Soldato
I must say I was a bit underwhelmed by a new Mario kart and Smash Bros, but seeing how good a job they did on Mario has got me quite excited for these. I haven't enjoyed a Mario kart since 64 and smash bros since the original but I hadn't really enjoyed a Mario game properly since 64 either.

Soldato
They're both going to be epic. What I really want is a new Metroid/F-Zero/Wave Race/1080 tho. Nintendo have ignored too many of their best ips!

Soldato
Pretty much the only game I won't be getting in 2014 is Donkey Kong - it looks just unbelievably dull.

Totally up for the rest though:

MK8
Smash Bros
Yarn Yoshi
Watch Dogs
X
Bayonetta 2
Project: Cars

And of course Zelda - but I don't think we'll see that till very late 14/early 15.

Soldato
Please please please please

igBt90S9QEraS.gif

Back
Top Bottom