1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Koalaboy, 7 Jun 2012.

1. sniperone

Wise Guy

Were did you get that gold controller . That is mint

2. Armadillo

Mobster

Gold controller came with the goldeneye game.

They do pop up on ebay quite a bit as people just split the bundle and sell separately.

3. jrodga2k5

Sgarrista

Joining the crew :cool:

Picked up Mario World again...boy have I missed that game!

Having all next gen consoles is a curse I tell ye! :p

4. LeJosh

Capodecina

Welp, I've got 40 hours into Xenoblade and man it's too good. :)

For 3D World, I've got 8 stages left to do, got 100% on everything else.

looking forward to getting that final stage after getting those stars

I managed to get Pikmin 3 for £20 at John Lewis too, any Edinburgh goers here will find it at the huge one near St. James centre. I'm not sure if it's nationwide, probably is.

Picked up ZombiU and D&D Beat em up too, really fun in multiplayer.

So yeah, WiiU has seen a lot of mileage already and I think those who don't want the console now are missing out. Especially when X MK8 and SSBU or Zelda comes out.

I think Nintendo is going to have a great E3 this year too.

5. Nimdok

Mobster

Xenoblade is an incredible game. I wish I could experience it for the first time all over again :( If X on the Wii U turns out to be anywhere near as good as it, then I can see my Wii U getting a hell of a lot of use this year.

6. Alexrose1uk

Sgarrista

I missed out on the John Lewis/Tesco deals this time round; my local Tesco is completely brassic on Wii Games (actually its quite low on games full stop) and my local John Lewis doesn't do consoles instore anymore.

That said, my Wii U collection is expanding, got Zelda the other day for £5(!) after trading in a few old games at CEX, picked up Ninja Gaiden for £10 new at Game of all places today (it was £12 pre-owned, figure that one out lol) and got Pikmin 3 new today for £21 on Ebay.

Still a few titles I want to get though:
    Monster Hunter 3 (this one is looking more and more rare tbh!)
    Super Mario 3D World
    Wonderful 101
    Lego City Undercover

Don't want to spend more than about £30 on any of them really, unfortunately I think the relatively low userbase of the WiiU is working against us in this regards!

7. Begbie

Capodecina

Mario games never really seem to lower in price much, you may need to bite the bullet on that.

I REALLY want Lego City though, and close to just ordering it.

Have Zelda, Pikimin and Rayman coming soon :) Don't think I've ordered this many games in a long, long time.

8. Zefan

Don

Stop posting in this thread. It makes me want to buy :o

9. Alexrose1uk

Sgarrista

Yes, I'm aware, I am preparing to bite the bullet on that one but still want to see if I can get a bargain, especially as it's only just out, so give it time and more second-hand should appear.

Just managed to get Lego City Undercover for 26.95 delivered too so that's another one off the list!

I am very very close to just ordering Wonderful 101 as I can see it being a niche game that'll disappear and not get a reprint any time soon.

(I got £100 from the future father-in-law for PC help/Xmas present, so I'm using that to stock up a little on good deals).

10. merlin

Capodecina

W101 is a certified future cult classic.

There's very little else out there like it, it's absolutely mental. :D

11. merlin

Capodecina

Can you almost smell the next Nintendo direct? :cool:

12. XPE

Soldato

What do people think of Contra III: The Alien Wars (Super Probotector) they say its the American version on the UK VC but is the game any good?

13. Armadillo

Mobster

Decided to jump on the Wii U, grabbed the Lego city bundle from Sainsburys for £180 (£199 + staff discount).

Two questions.

Is there something wrong with the my HDMI cable that came with it? It does not sit flush against the WiiU. There is a small gap between the molding of the cable and the back of the WiiU.

Other cables I have sit flush, so it's just the one that came with it, are they all like that?

Can you turn off that faint checkered pattern that is on the main menu and just have it pure white?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hGd34LsZSw&feature=player_detailpage#t=79

You can see it when Miiverse is picked in that vid. I dunno why, but it bugs me and I would prefer solid white.

14. Alexrose1uk

Sgarrista

Got Wonderful 101 for £25.20 in as new condition. The seller had 100% good feedback and described it as A+ condition as new, so I have no reason to disbelieve him :)

15. ~>Dg<~

Caporegime

super mario 3d time :D

16. Begbie

Capodecina

Where did you get Lego City from? Gutted I missed out on the Tesco deal.

Another one I need to buy, going from the demo it's insane!

Just had a look at the HDMI cable, it doesn't sit flush and I tried another HDMI cable which also doesn't sit flush either. I can't see the back of my Wii though, so not fussed at all.

The thing that does bother me is my TV doesn't seem to do DTS via passthrough to my AMP. So having to use ProLogic II till at somepoint I get a new amp.

17. Kobi

Wise Guy

They also came with club Nintendo, but I didn't see the point in paying extra for the same one. SADLY, I've bought other toys from Japan. Will be here at the end of the month.

Is Nintendo Direct today?

18. merlin

Capodecina

No. No word yet, my money is on it being next week.

19. dazzerd

Wise Guy

This was a fabulous game on the SNES, difficult in one player mode for sure so try and grab a buddy. But good fun nevertheless; made extensive user of the snes scaling features.

20. Alexrose1uk

Sgarrista

Ebay I'm afraid, although CEX have it for about £28 last I looked.
    Edit, think Amazon have it for 27.99, forgot about that.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2014