*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Soldato
It's really not selling at that well, the xbone and ps4 have not long been released too which won't help matters.

I doubt the wiiU will sell a whole lot more :(

Which is a shame as it's a really good console, you only have to look at the 1st party games to see what can be delivered but they messed up the marketing of it big style and are now on the back foot. It's the Gamecube mk2!

Associate
Ok thats put my mind at rest, i was just wondering what mario game i should start with to ease me in ( i enjoy them but im really bad at platformers) r so harder then others hers i pic of the bundle and games ive got, only played cod so far:

looks like you'll have enough to keep you occupied until mariokart is released :)

Im looking forward to trying out Pikmin, im hearing great things about it and because the Wii has backwards compatability means I can try out the first two also.

Soldato
Which is a shame as it's a really good console, you only have to look at the 1st party games to see what can be delivered but they messed up the marketing of it big style and are now on the back foot. It's the Gamecube mk2!

The machine ideally needed to be about 2x as powerful as the one they released and with the Gamepad sold separately, perhaps with a game that makes really good use of it. It's just adding to the cost and still isn't really used all that well.

For some odd reason Nintendo put the size of the console and low power usage as the priority of the console, instead of focusing on ease of porting games.

Once games stop being ported to 360/PS3 then I expect there to be pretty much only first party games released, it's a good thing the first party games are so good.

Man of Honour
The machine ideally needed to be about 2x as powerful as the one they released and with the Gamepad sold separately, perhaps with a game that makes really good use of it. It's just adding to the cost and still isn't really used all that well.

You are hilarious! Every single one of your posts makes me laugh :)

What you're effectively saying is make another generic powerful box ala the PS4? That's just not Nintendo's modus operandi, and I for one am glad it isn't.

Caporegime

What you're effectively saying is make another generic powerful box ala the PS4? That's just not Nintendo's modus operandi, and I for one am glad it isn't.

It's not, still it would've been nice to have our cake and eat it with Nintendo.

But then, I don't mind I bought the WiiU for 1st party games. Anything else I'll play on the PC.

Soldato

Yeah because making a console that won't be able to accept ports from the PS4/XB1 is such a good idea? Other than Off TV play and 1-2 games e.g Zombie U, what use has the Gamepads screen been really? Hardly any.

I have no problem with being different, but being different just for the sake of it isn't really doing Nintendo any favours with the Wii U is it? It's selling horribly.

Man of Honour
While more power isn't a bad thing for consumers, it does bump up the cost a lot for Nintendo.

I only get Nintendo consoles as a second console for local multiplayer and first party games so the fact it's different to the PS4 is a big advantage for me.

Soldato
I honestly think either Nintendo get bad pricing when they buy in parts or backwards compatibility added more to the cost than it was worth.

The launch price for the Wii U was £299, the launch price for the PS4 was £349, the PS4 is massively more powerful and I doubt Sony are making a huge loss on the PS4 like they did with the PS3.

Similar situation when it came to the Vita, a lot more powerful than the 3DS, not a huge difference in pricing at the time.

Associate
liij.jpg

Bought another one as the first one i got had a scratch on it and i wanted a nice clean non scratched one. Will possibly put the scratched one up in the MM soon.

Man of Honour
I honestly think either Nintendo get bad pricing when they buy in parts or backwards compatibility added more to the cost than it was worth.

The launch price for the Wii U was £299, the launch price for the PS4 was £349, the PS4 is massively more powerful and I doubt Sony are making a huge loss on the PS4 like they did with the PS3.

Similar situation when it came to the Vita, a lot more powerful than the 3DS, not a huge difference in pricing at the time.

I thought I'd read somewhere that Nintendo always aims to make a healthy profit on the hardware, and minimise R&D costs. I suppose that's why low sales numbers isn't as big a deal as it would be for Sony/MS. They don't need the installed user base for the software sales to make up for the lack of profit on hardware sales.

Soldato
But then, I don't mind I bought the WiiU for 1st party games. Anything else I'll play on the PC.

I agree, Nintendo 1st Party and family games seem to be Nintendo's trump cards. Likewise, all the other mutliplats, I'll play on PC as it will be a better experience than with PS4/Xbox One (im not ****ging off the PS4/Xbox one, just my PC has more power for faster frame rate and resolution).

Soldato
And sods law none of my 3 Wii U games from eBay have currently turned up. I've just moved into a brand new estate, so I have the suspicion Royal Mail have screwed up (again)... sometimes I really hate the post!

Slightly gutted I didn't just get Wonderful 101 from CEX as I noticed it's turned up at £22 again, but with my other copy ordered I daren't buy a second until this is all sorted :(

Soldato
Need some Wind Waker help.. I just got to the point where

I have to collect 8 tri force shards after completing the earth and wind temples. How do I know where the shards are located?

I don't want to use a guide or be told where they are but how am I actually meant to know myself? Does an NPC somewhere tell me?

Caporegime
Need some Wind Waker help.. I just got to the point where

I have to collect 8 tri force shards after completing the earth and wind temples. How do I know where the shards are located?

I don't want to use a guide or be told where they are but how am I actually meant to know myself? Does an NPC somewhere tell me?

The fish dudes give you hints as to what are on islands when you feed them, use them and thoroughly exploring islands you've been on was how I remember me and my friend doing it originally when you had to get the charts.

It certainly is a pain in the arse and took away from the experience a bit for me

Back
Top Bottom