*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Caporegime
anyone got a good replacement for the wii u pad charger ?

ours has finally stopped charging and ideally want a similar product. cant find a original anywhere :confused:

cheers.

Soldato
Amazon search "wii u charger" first result is a USB charge cable for the gamepad @£4, just check the output of the Nintendo charger and match it with a standard USB charger that can hit the same output, presume it will be 1.5-2a :)

Associate
Just wondering what type of price drops I could maybe expect around Black Friday time-really want to pick one up given all the Select titles are around £18 a pop, but the actual console price is still sky high.....

Soldato
Just wondering what type of price drops I could maybe expect around Black Friday time-really want to pick one up given all the Select titles are around £18 a pop, but the actual console price is still sky high.....

Funny how the least powerful and popular console held its price. While the PS4 was selling for £150 and Xbox One S was selling for £200 both with the latest Fifa game a few weeks back.

It be the same as last year, Mario Kart 8 Wii U Console Premium Bundle will be about £180 and that's if you are lucky.

The only way the Wii U will have a massive price drop if Nintendo announce a release date for the NX between now and the 25th November.

Last edited:
Associate
^ Smells of clickbait

Nothing about that showing up on my feeds, if it's not all over the internet by tomorrow then almost definitely false.

Given that they demoed the game on Wii U just two weeks ago, it seems very unlikely. It would save me the temptation of buying 2 copies though :p.

Kinda related, check out this item from the recent Animal Crossing update:

YaKziO1.jpg.png

:D

Associate
My tablet portion no longer charges via the cable, only when docked (contacts underneath)

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions?

I tried removing battery, different adaptor (although original works fine). possibly a blown fuse ?

Soldato
Has anyone used the high capacity battery for their controller before? did it make much of difference?

Man if Platinum sign to Nintendo, I might be getting a Wii U

ps3ud0 :cool:

You get a WiiU?! that will be the day, I've been trying to pursued you for past few years.

Edit: Just realised your post was made in 2013.... no idea why i ended up on this page.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes but make sure its the official Nintendo battery as my experience with 3rd party batteries was not good.Made a big difference for me.

Glad to hear it made big difference, I'm considering getting Star fox played the demo but found it hard to get used to the controls...

Last edited:
Soldato
How does it work when selling a Wii U & digital games? Is it still linked to the console or did nintendo change that?

Associate
Purchases are tied to both the system and your NNID/Nintendo account on Wii U, and your NNID can only be used on 1 Wii U system.

It is possible to get your NNID (and digital purchases) un-linked from a Wii U you no longer own to a new one, but you have to contact Nintendo and it's not guaranteed. Before you sell, it might be worth noting down the serial number if you're planing to buy another Wii U in the future.

After formatting the system, I think you will still be able to downloaded your purchases via the eShop without signing in with your NNID again, so you can still advertise/sell the digital games with the system if you never plan to get them back.

Soldato
Purchases are tied to both the system and your NNID/Nintendo account on Wii U, and your NNID can only be used on 1 Wii U system.

It is possible to get your NNID (and digital purchases) un-linked from a Wii U you no longer own to a new one, but you have to contact Nintendo and it's not guaranteed. Before you sell, it might be worth noting down the serial number if you're planing to buy another Wii U in the future.

After formatting the system, I think you will still be able to downloaded your purchases via the eShop without signing in with your NNID again, so you can still advertise/sell the digital games with the system if you never plan to get them back.

Ok thanks for the reply i will give it a reformat and try to download the games again.

Back
Top Bottom