*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Associate
It was a decent system with some great games, a crappy controller that worked against it continually. Glad that most of it's best games got eventually ported to Switch, where many more people could play them. I still keep mine plugged in for downloadables, Wii backwards compatability & the odd decent port that I don't fancy re-buying. But that controller can go to hell ;)
Currently using it to play through Metroid Prime from the digital Wii 'Metroid Prime Trilogy' The game holds up very well, kinda wish I was playing the Gamecube version, Wii remote & Nunchuck is also a fairly crappy controller in my opinion, although it's half decent in this implementation. So glad that Nintendo's obsession with full motion controls has been replaced by selective use of motion controls a la splatoon, breath of the wild etc

Last edited:
Soldato
The Wii U is a fantastic console. Nintendo really botched up the marketing of the system which is why it is generally considered a flop.

I never actually bought my Wii u until after the switch released having avoided it due to the negative PR surrounding it. Picked it up pretty cheaply and was amazed how good a system it is. The dual screen setup actually works pretty well and makes it fantastic for playing DS/3DS in the virtual console. Also brilliant that it supports Wii games and upscales them onto HDMI.

There's loads of games that make great use of the display controller for local multiplayer stuff as well.

It's a really great system. If Nintendo had called it something other than the Wii U to avoid making it sound like an accessory I suspect it would have sold brilliantly. As it stands i think it's right up there with Nintendo's best systems.

Soldato
Started Playing the Metroid Prime Trilogy on this Via the Wii U VC. £17.99 Is a steal, especially compared to that games physical prices right now.

Holds up well and I find the motion controls really feel like a perfect fit for these games.

Looking forward to playing through 1, skipping 2 (recently finished it on GC And wasn't too hot on it) then playing 3 for the first time :)

*Also Kirby's Epic yarn with my son. Hes loving that.

Soldato
Finally got my Wii U unpacked the other day and have been playing Star Fox Zero. The controls are just so odd and confusing.

Also as it wasn't on the Switch Mario collection, I started Mario Galaxy 2 again as I forgot I owned it digitally. Great fun.

The estoppel is still so much better than the Switch one.

Soldato
Finally got my Wii U unpacked the other day and have been playing Star Fox Zero. The controls are just so odd and confusing.

Also as it wasn't on the Switch Mario collection, I started Mario Galaxy 2 again as I forgot I owned it digitally. Great fun.

The estoppel is still so much better than the Switch one.

I've dug out Mario Galaxy 2 aswell with the intention of finally playing it this time! Bought it years ago but never really gave it a chance!

Really enjoying metroid prime at the mo. Also picked up Dead Space Extraction. Said to be a really solid on rails light gun style game

Soldato
So this probably means they’ve restricted something somewhere. ‘Stability’ - sure! I still have my Wii U boxed in the attic. I always really liked the system even if it wasn’t perfect.

Soldato
Picked one of these up recently from FB marketplace, saw one at a bargain price with a bunch of accessories had strong nostalgia and wanted to play Nintendo land with my younger kids, they absolutely love it. Wii U is a real bargain now, so many games can be added via Nusspli with a bit of tinkering. It can play games from almost every Nintendo console ever made and even emulate older console controls like DS etc with stylus perfectly.

Soldato
Picked one of these up recently from FB marketplace, saw one at a bargain price with a bunch of accessories had strong nostalgia and wanted to play Nintendo land with my younger kids, they absolutely love it. Wii U is a real bargain now, so many games can be added via Nusspli with a bit of tinkering. It can play games from almost every Nintendo console ever made and even emulate older console controls like DS etc with stylus perfectly.
It's a beautiful machine. My favourite console due to the happy memories of playing it with my kids. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom