• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official OMG I've finally got my 480/470 thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just phoned ocuk and was told that the Asus cards will be delayed and possibly arrive at the end of this week. No confirmation has been given yet on the arrival of the Asus cards.

Other makes of cards should be arriving tomorrow.

bru

bru

Soldato
well all but the sparkle ones are listed as ETA: 13/04/10 with the sparkle one listed as ETA: 14/04/10
so even if they only get one of each card that would be 14 cards just for OCUK i cant see that if their really is only 200 for all of Europe , now I'm not saying that their will be loads of stock but i really just cant see only 200 cards for all of Europe, not without stores listing much longer ETA's.

Soldato
People should wait until the cards are in stock and available to Purchase. Per ordering one is stulid IMO. If you cant wait then buy a 5870/5850 and sell it when Fermi is in stock.

Associate
Just phoned ocuk and was told that the Asus cards will be delayed and possibly arrive at the end of this week. No confirmation has been given yet on the arrival of the Asus cards.

Other makes of cards should be arriving tomorrow.

See, how devious and underhanded.. "No confirmation" for the ASUS ones, yet they change the pre-order status as "13/04/2010", tomorrow.

Associate
Rumour has it from Semiaccurate that as of today, there are precisely 200 GTX480 and GTX470 in the whole of Europe for sale. Whether that is a 50/50 split so there are 100 GTX 480's, who knows.

The rumour was that 2 of the AIBs will each have a combind total of 100 GTX 470+480 for the europe region.

From the looks of the OcUK GTX 4X0 page there are no less then 7 AIBs for the new card. (or 5 claimed by SE)

Two major AIBs have allocated less than 100 cards each for Europe - not per country, but for Europe as a whole. If there are only five launch partners, that is only 1,600 cards, GTX470 and GTX480 combined, each, for the world. That isn't enough to pay for the printing of the boxes.

Caporegime
well all but the sparkle ones are listed as ETA: 13/04/10 with the sparkle one listed as ETA: 14/04/10
so even if they only get one of each card that would be 14 cards just for OCUK i cant see that if their really is only 200 for all of Europe , now I'm not saying that their will be loads of stock but i really just cant see only 200 cards for all of Europe, not without stores listing much longer ETA's.

Hmm, maybe but I remember how the ETA's kept slipping on the 5 series when they first came out and they were getting 20 or 30 in at a time then.

Asus was really bad back then and it was almost a month before the first Asus cards showed up despite them having an ETA of the launch date to begin with. Perhaps we are going to see a re-run of that again.

I could honestly see ocuk only receiving 30 tops tomorrow. You have to remember that ocuk are a big player and have great contacts. They were one of the few companies with any stock or pre-ordered 5 series arriving for some time when they were launched.

Soldato
Hmm, maybe but I remember how the ETA's kept slipping on the 5 series when they first came out and they were getting 20 or 30 in at a time then.

Asus was really bad back then and it was almost a month before the first Asus cards showed up despite them having an ETA of the launch date to begin with. Perhaps we are going to see a re-run of that again.

I could honestly see ocuk only receiving 30 tops tomorrow. You have to remember that ocuk are a big player and have great contacts. They were one of the few companies with any stock or pre-ordered 5 series arriving for some time when they were launched.

The big difference with the 5 series was it was a hard launch, sure stock was tight but it always will be on a new gen GPU.

Soldato
OP
It's one thing being allocated a set number of cards, it's another thing delivering that allocation when their is major supply problems on Nvidias end, I suspect a number of sites have dropped cards because they realize stock is not coming anytime soon.

Associate
Thing is, if they have taken pre-orders, how soon can they for-fill, I mean they could have hundreds of orders for cards and still no decent stock, I guess we will see if any member on here gets their card sent out and they post about it, although I don't know of many members who have actual pre-ordered one.

i pre-order a asus gtx 480 on the 5th but when i call today i was 44 on queue so i cancel my order with oc. since yesterday on the newegg eta for asus gtx 480 was 14th so...

Associate
just goes to show how much swing that nvidia name has got to the average joe, even if the card is worse generally

You'd be surprised at the effect something as a simple as seeing the nvidia 'the way it's meant to be played' logo on just about every single game has on peoples buying habits.

Soldato
So, 65 posts into the official omg got my fermi thread, and nothing.

Well let's stop posting then. Yeah like that'll happen (I've got an MM to join:)).

I predict this thread will become a fanboy slanging match and get deleted before anyone actually gets a 480/470, so this in fact won't be the ***Official OMG I've finally got my 480/470 thread*** thread at all;);)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom