• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official OMG I've finally got my 480/470 thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Rumour has it from Semiaccurate that as of today, there are precisely 200 GTX480 and GTX470 in the whole of Europe for sale. Whether that is a 50/50 split so there are 100 GTX 480's, who knows.

This rumor is incorrect. Semiaccutate stated that two of Nvidias minor AIBs had 100 cards each for europe, but thats not including the other AIBs. Asus / EVGA and other major ones would recieve a lot more.

They said that the total number of Fermis available on launchday worldwide would be 8000.

Caporegime
This rumor is incorrect. Semiaccutate stated that two of Nvidias minor AIBs had 100 cards each for europe, but thats not including the other AIBs. Asus / EVGA and other major ones would recieve a lot more.

They said that the total number of Fermis available on launchday worldwide would be 8000.

I can totally see these tons of Fermi's

Associate
Sorry off topic.... but Martini ? Noted the spec in your sig. and wondered wether the move to 2 x ssd's in raid 0 was well worth it or not?

Also to comment that after a total of approx. 72 hrs (over 2 weekends) have just now ,finally, completed downloading Dirt 2. And people have the nerve to suggest that our download speeds are slow ??!!:confused::(

Last edited:
Soldato
Dont mistake as trolling just the vast majority of PC enthusiasts quite rightly slating Nvidia for having a bit of a dog of a product and a total farce of a launch of the said product.

Disapproval /= fanboy trolling
Actually I think you are mistaking trolls for "PC enthusiasts" lol

Putting the power consumption/heat issue and high price aside, GTX480 IS faster than the 5870

Test kit: 3.2GHz Intel Core i7-965 Extreme Edition CPU, 6GB Corsair 1,600Mhz DDR3
Drivers: Nvidia Forceware 197.17 BETA WHQL, ATI Catalyst 10.3 WHQL
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (DX 11, Win7 64-bit)
1,920x1,200, no AA, 16xAF
GTX480: min 56fps, max 75fps
HD5870: min 52fps, max 74fps

1,920x1,200, 4xAA, 16xAF
GTX480: min 44fps, max 66fps
HD5870: min 32fps, max 58fps

(source: Custom PC Issue 081 June 2010, p11)

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is everyone ordering the Asus. A lot of people will be disappointed!
I ordered a POV 470 last week, phoned OCUK today to check if they had arrived as I had no internet at work.
OCUK said only a couple of POV ones have been pre-ordered so I am guaranteed one but a lot of Asus ones have.
The only difference is warranty but I wont be keeping it over 2 years anyway...

Soldato
Actually I think you are mistaking trolls for "PC enthusiasts" lol

Putting the power consumption/heat issue and high price aside, GTX480 IS faster than the 5870

LOL!!:) And why would any sensible person just put those issues aide!??:confused:

"Putting aside his ****e policies and bad performance in office, Gordon Brown IS the greatest politician in the world!"

"Putting aside its high cost, poor fuel economy, and lack of load space, the Bugatti Veyron IS the most practical family car available!"

But please - let's not go there (again). I have several posts in this thread and dont want them gone when it degenerates and gets deleted - I'm trying to get into the MM :)

Associate
Sorry off topic.... but Martini ? Noted the spec in your sig. and wondered wether the move to 2 x ssd's in raid 0 was well worth it or not?

Also to comment that after a total of approx. 72 hrs (over 2 weekends) have just now ,finally, completed downloading Dirt 2. And people have the nerve to suggest that our download speeds are slow ??!!:confused::(

best upgraid i maid for my pc 2 x ssd in raid o

Soldato
Ok here you go, the official omg got my fermi order confirmation email.
which looks to be as close to the real thing we're get this week.

480.jpg

Lets see someone beat the time i ordered..

Ordered mine on 11:01pm Apparently I am number 2 in the list. ;)

Associate
Why is everyone ordering the Asus. A lot of people will be disappointed!
I ordered a POV 470 last week, phoned OCUK today to check if they had arrived as I had no internet at work.
OCUK said only a couple of POV ones have been pre-ordered so I am guaranteed one but a lot of Asus ones have.
The only difference is warranty but I wont be keeping it over 2 years anyway...

I'd imagine there aren't many people ordered 470s to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom