**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Associate
I agree with this wholeheartedly. The 8 Pro camera was really not what I expected it to be. Unfortunately, I can't see them resolving the issues in 6 months since the 8 Pro, since OP have never had a good reputation when it comes to the cameras in their phones. Maybe not even in 12 or 18 months.

They're clowning around by getting Robert Downey Jr to do ads for them and not concentrating where it really matters.

Soldato
With gcam at least the photos ends up a lot better. The hardware is there it's just the post processing that needs to improve.

I think another issue is though is OP for some daft reason thinking more cameras will make the phone sell more. The colour filter camera is completely useless and the extra cameras on the Nord perform extremely badly. I would rather they stick with 3 (main, wide, tele) and concentrate on the software.

Soldato
I think another issue is though is OP for some daft reason thinking more cameras will make the phone sell more.

I agree with you 100% but clearly their market research is coming back with results that tell them "The new OP - NOW WITH 250 cameras!!1" sells phones. It seems to me they're competing with all the Chinese low-to-mid rangers that pack in half a dozen useless lenses.

Soldato
I don't think downey junior was the problem lol by that time, the damage had already been done.

Hell, they were very lucky Google bought them, but even they realised how bad they were.

Terrible, terrible company and I'm very pleased they are gone.

Soldato
More details on the new 65W warp charge: https://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_wa..._products_coming_on_october_14-news-45506.php

The charger is now USB-C to USB-C and is fully compatible with USB-PD up to 45W, which is great, the OP7/7T/8 series was only compatible with USB-PD 5V 3A while the 30T charger not PD compatible at all. If the Warp Charge 65 charger is backwards compatible with Warp Charge 30T then I might just grab that, currently have a messy mix of Warp Charge + USB-PD + QuickCharge chargers by my desk.

Soldato
More details on the new 65W warp charge: https://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_wa..._products_coming_on_october_14-news-45506.php

The charger is now USB-C to USB-C and is fully compatible with USB-PD up to 45W, which is great, the OP7/7T/8 series was only compatible with USB-PD 5V 3A while the 30T charger not PD compatible at all. If the Warp Charge 65 charger is backwards compatible with Warp Charge 30T then I might just grab that, currently have a messy mix of Warp Charge + USB-PD + QuickCharge chargers by my desk.
Well that is a boon for sure. That was always one of the things that bugged me about OnePlus. Up until my 7T Pro to get decent charging I always needed the proprietary charger and cable. I can now get 15w via PD but up to 45w would be great. Flat screen and wireless charging and I'll purchase, without a doubt.

Soldato
Pete Lau has confirmed no 8T Pro this year and told people wanting a flagship to go for the 8 Pro. I wonder if that means some specs will be held back from the 8T.

Soldato
If there's no wireless charging I'll not be buying. Now I'm the first to admit it's not a necessary feature and I also admit that given the choice between wireless charging and super fast wired then the latter wins every time but it's nice to have the option. And in this day and age at this price range there is little excuse not to have it.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom