**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Has there been any indication as to the internal memory capacity in the OP8/Pro models?

I love my 7T but 128GB of storage is a little limiting with the lack of a micro SD card slot! (Especially when I lost circa 20% of that storage when my phone did an update!)

Soldato
Has there been any indication as to the internal memory capacity in the OP8/Pro models?

I love my 7T but 128GB of storage is a little limiting with the lack of a micro SD card slot! (Especially when I lost circa 20% of that storage when my phone did an update!)

Is 128gb still not enough in this day and age of cloud storage? I have 256gb (since that's the only flavour the 7T Pro comes in) and I have used something like 50gb. I travelled to the US in January and loaded it with everything I could think of for the flight etc and still had close to 90gb free.

I fully admit about 5 years ago I would have struggled without SD card expansion but back then I had all my music locally on my phone and a few movies. But since everything is streamed now I just can't see what all the space is needed for these days.

Soldato
I'm following this thread with interest now. Coming from a Pixel 2 XL.

I was 99% certain I was going to fire on the £750 Note10+ 5G yesterday, but I've been so long in the Nexus/Pixel goodness of stock Android that this might be the phone I'm after as the Pixels just continue to disappoint me in terms of hardware and design choices.

Man of Honour

I was 99% certain I was going to fire on the £750 Note10+ 5G yesterday, but I've been so long in the Nexus/Pixel goodness of stock Android that this might be the phone I'm after as the Pixels just continue to disappoint me in terms of hardware and design choices.
I switched from the P2 to the 7 Pro and had no regrets, it's a nice clean version of Android.

Soldato

I had a Pixel 2XL and changed to Note 10+ (via a OnePlus 6T). The Note lasted a week before I sent it back, it just wasn't worth the cost and it was much too square and boxy for my liking. The centre hole punch is absolutely hideous as well.
I bought an S10e to tide me over but as soon as the 7T Pro came out I jumped and haven't regretted it since. I guess what I'm getting at is out of all those devices the 7T Pro is by far the best - save for the S10e I should say. That is a great little phone but just too small for my liking.
Coming from a Pixel a OnePlus device is a natural jump. It's as close as you'll get software wise and Oxygen has little additions that make it much better in my opinion. Not heavy features like Samsung but just small things like being able to change accent colour and icons without need a third party launcher etc.
That being said I currently use Nova over the stock but I have my reasons :p

Soldato
New phones have 108mp and another phone that's coming out has a 192mp camera.
The MI 10t will have the samsung 150mp camera. 1+ has got some catching up to do.
...and my Fujifilm has 24mp sensor and would wipe the floor with any of them. Megapixels mean sweet fa on their own. Sure look at all the complaints over on the Samsung thread about the mediocrity of its 108mp camera.

Soldato
Megapixels don't mean quality. The last megapixel race was a few years ago and then every manufacturer settled on 12/16mp for their primary lenses.

Soldato
...and my Fujifilm has 24mp sensor and would wipe the floor with any of them. Megapixels mean sweet fa on their own. Sure look at all the complaints over on the Samsung thread about the mediocrity of its 108mp camera.

It's the size of the sensor+software.

But 1+ camera software has been crap

Soldato

Can confirm this as an S20 Ultra owner, the camera is abysmal, well at least Samsungs software processing is.
It has focus issues that I have not had on a handset in many years, over sharpening halos smear every image and the 108mp mode is a marketing gimmick with zero tangible benefits.

The size of the sensor that it has would be great with 12mp native res.

Soldato
Yep. Not sure why they don't just leave it at 12MP and increase the sensor size. We'll they have done this to an extent on the S20 vanillas.

Most gains are to be made in processing as stated. This is where I feel Google is leading the race. In stills at least.

Soldato
  • OnePlus 8 w/ 8GB RAM, 128GB storage: €719/729
  • OnePlus 8 w/ 12GB RAM, 256GB storage: €819/829
  • OnePlus 8 Pro w/ 8GB RAM, 128GB storage: €919/929
  • OnePlus 8 Pro w/ 12GB RAM, 256GB storage: €1,009/1019

Soldato
There's an increasing number of Android manufacturers who are no longer interested in competing on price and they're all effectively picking their components from the same pool. I'm sure the OP8 Pro will be a great phone, but a thousand quid price tag isn't going to help their market share.

Associate
Ouch. At this price they better compete camera-wise or people won't see the point of not picking a Galaxy/iPhone. I think I will be running my OP7 Pro for a while.

Back
Top Bottom