****Official Project CARS thread****

Soldato
Has the patch gone live for the XB1 yet? If not then there should be a patch soon to improve pad control on the XB1. Having played with the options on the PS4 it is IMO one of the best controls for a racing game on a pad. I am not sure if this is purely personal preference of partly due to the PS4 version not being broken like the XB1 version currently is.

Soldato
This game is as buggy as hell. Just doing the Karting and keeps going mega fast then slowing down. Its like the rewinds in Forza only going forwards

Soldato
Found the default controls terrible with the DS4 controller. Using the following, as recommended by some one earlier in this thread, and it's much improved. I think Apply Soft Steering - On (which shows when turn advanced on) is probably the biggest help.

Controller Input Mode - 3 (Change first)

Steering Deadzone - 10
Steering Sensitivity - 30
Throttle Deadzone - 10
Throttle Sensitivity - 40
Brake Deadzone - 10
Brake Sensitivity - 30
Clutch Deadzone - 10
Clutch Sensitivity - 45
Speed Sensitivity - 65
Controller Filtering Sensitivity - 35
Force Feedback - 100
RPM/Gear Display Yes

Controller Input Mode - 3
Advanced - On
Apply Soft Steering - On
Apply Visual Filtering - Off
Apply Opposite Lock Help - Off

I used these settings just changed Steering Deadzone - 10 to 20 and handling is better but still needs a little something to get a feel of the car with a pad

Last edited:
Soldato
Someone help me out here.. how on earth is it possible to lap Watkins Glen with a Gt3 car. In 1min 44s?!

Something isn't right

I'm talking about the long version. Not the short. I'm two seconds off the pace

Drive faster :p

Where did you get 1:44 from to define pace. If AI at 100 then yup you might be doing something wrong. From an alien then 2 seconds off is still pretty damn fast.

Associate
Going into the pits is a right mess. Can fly in at high speed then suddenly jerk sideways and stop dead in pit box :p

A simple thing like I think was on the F1 games, where it takes over your car early on and drives you into the pits would make it a lot better.

Soldato
Drive faster :p

Where did you get 1:44 from to define pace. If AI at 100 then yup you might be doing something wrong. From an alien then 2 seconds off is still pretty damn fast.

yeah AI at 100% as usual.

I think I might be able to carry more speed into the chicane. Shall try again tonight.

Soldato
yeah AI at 100% as usual.

I think I might be able to carry more speed into the chicane. Shall try again tonight.

Hmmm that is a bit off. I only did a quick 5 laps last night to learn the track as I thought we would be racing it and managed to get on the pace of 80% AI though don't know what the lap time was. The chicane did seem to a place to make up some easy lap time though never felt I properly nailed it to find out.

Man of Honour
The AI is all over the place.

I'm doing the Clio Cup at 100%, in practice at Silverstone they were a second quicker than me. In qualifying I managed pole position with a similar lap time to my best practice time, which ended up being a second quicker than P2. Then in a full 14 lap race I finished 5th over 8 seconds behind the lead. Even though during the race I was lapping consistently around my pole time and even a few laps were a second quicker than my pole time. So as I quicker and quicker during each session, the AI went quicker, slower, even quicker.

The dynamic weather is just as bad.

Started Oulton Park in the fog and it cleared and brightened up as the time of day progressed. Then the late afternoon race was clear and went foggy in the space of 2 laps.

Associate
The AI is all over the place.

I'm doing the Clio Cup at 100%, in practice at Silverstone they were a second quicker than me. In qualifying I managed pole position with a similar lap time to my best practice time, which ended up being a second quicker than P2. Then in a full 14 lap race I finished 5th over 8 seconds behind the lead. Even though during the race I was lapping consistently around my pole time and even a few laps were a second quicker than my pole time. So as I quicker and quicker during each session, the AI went quicker, slower, even quicker.

The dynamic weather is just as bad.

Started Oulton Park in the fog and it cleared and brightened up as the time of day progressed. Then the late afternoon race was clear and went foggy in the space of 2 laps.

I have noticed the same with AI doing faster laps in practice than in qualifying.

Back
Top Bottom