*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
So I'm playing ATMOS back through PLEX on my Nvidia Shield through to an Sonos ARC and I'm getting sound drops, probably last for less than 1 second, anybody else getting the same?

Sonos ARC into the e-ARC port on LG CX43, Shield on hdmi port 3.

Last edited:
Soldato
Digital sound out set to pass-through on the TV?

Any chance can play same item using Kodi on the shield and see if it does it, so can rule out Plex settings.

Soldato
Yup passthrough on TV, I will give Kodi a whizz to see if I encounter same issues. I don't seem to have issues outputting ATMOS from my Apple TV 4k are say NETFLIX/DISNEY + on TV or via SHIELD TV so it's pointing towards PLEX on SHILED TV if I'm honest.

Soldato
Yeah they are using compressed Atmos-Dolby digital + and chances on plex it might be using uncompressed true hd (will say in about on Sonos).

My shield settings for sound are set to:

Dolby audio processing - off
Stereo upmix - off

Then just auto in the formats which should select everything but DTS. (Scroll to bottom make sure it sees Dolby true hd).

LG

Sound out - hdmi arc

Additional settings:

DTV - auto
Hdmi input - bitstream
Digital sound out - pass through
Earc - enabled.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a Sonos ARC, sub and BW CCM663s as rear ceiling speakers paired with the Sonos AMP.

I have been considering removing the Arc, and going with in wall speakers (CWM663s) with a second Sonos AMP. So the system will consist of 2 AMPs and a sub.

Has anyone gone down this route and if so, which would be the best option.

My reasons for thinking this way, I hate the sound of music on the Arc and im getting tired of bonding and unbonding the system when I want to listen to music.

I understand there is no real centre channel with the proposed setup but in reading peoples reviews online most seem very happy with the phantom centre. The in walls would be either side of a Sony AG9 77 inch so plenty apart.

Associate
So I'm starting to get a weird issue audio skipping issue with my Sonos Arc and 77" LG CX telly after the most recent update. TV is configured for earc and passthrough but after watching content via the TV apps or on my PS5, I start getting audio skipping issues. To fix it temporarily, I have to turn off the arc and and disconnect the HDMI cable too.

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else on here?

Associate
So I'm starting to get a weird issue audio skipping issue with my Sonos Arc and 77" LG CX telly after the most recent update. TV is configured for earc and passthrough but after watching content via the TV apps or on my PS5, I start getting audio skipping issues. To fix it temporarily, I have to turn off the arc and and disconnect the HDMI cable too.

Over the last week I've had issues with my Beam and Sony XF9005 TV, the TV keeps resetting back to TV speakers then back to audio system. I've factory reset both devices, tried another HDMI cable and an optical connection but it's still happening :(

Associate
Over the last week I've had issues with my Beam and Sony XF9005 TV, the TV keeps resetting back to TV speakers then back to audio system. I've factory reset both devices, tried another HDMI cable and an optical connection but it's still happening :(

Did you update to the latest available release? That's when I started to get these issues.

Soldato

Are you wired or wireless?

Can you try play directly through TV speakers just as a test and make sure you're not seeing skips on that also. Seen a few with the gx series doing it.

Last edited:
Associate
Are you wired or wireless?

Can you try play directly through TV speakers just as a test and make sure you're not seeing skips on that also. Seen a few with the gx series doing it.

I'm currently connected to the internet wirelessly for both the TV and Arc. If i set the audio to internal speakers, I don't get the skipping issues.

Back
Top Bottom