***Official Squad Thread***

Soldato
OP
Had a great match last night on the new map. We won with 2 tickets left.

My squad managed to track an enemy Abrams and we had wait for what felt like an eternity for heavy anti tank to show up to take it out just in time.

Soldato
OP
Thanks! And I'll ask the question which no doubt has been asked hundreds, if not thousands of times.

Is there a roadmap to follow for releases and potentially information of when this will come out of Alpha, beta and eventually an official release?

Not a massively detailed one but there are no plans to stop development of the game once 1.0 release hits ;)

https://joinsquad.com/roadmap/

Soldato
Just love what choppers have brought to this game. Had some excellent games with them so far from being picked up to them bring in ammo to bases to me taking out a gunner see below :D

Alpha 16 is a game-changer!!!

Soldato
Choppers are nice to see in game and when you get past all the bad pilots flying them into buildings and the ground they can be useful. We had a FOB setup with a TOW position on on Tallil swacking tanks and APC's and we had a dedicated chopper running ammo for us which worked out well.

On another map I managed to hit a chopper flying away from me at about ~200m with a LAT and the pilot panicked and ditched it straight into the floor and a few rounds later I bagged a full Hind coming straight towards me to hot drop on the cap we we're at and I hit him at ~150m with a shot straight into the pilots face and RIP Heli

Associate
Just love what choppers have brought to this game. Had some excellent games with them so far from being picked up to them bring in ammo to bases to me taking out a gunner see below :D

Alpha 16 is a game-changer!!!

I did the same thing last night - it's very satisfying :D

Anyone here moved over to the new Ryzens? I'm keen to see how performance is in Squad particularly - my 2600k system is getting seriously long in the tooth.

Associate

Anyone here moved over to the new Ryzens? I'm keen to see how performance is in Squad particularly - my 2600k system is getting seriously long in the tooth.

I need to test going from a 4670k to 3700x but i did have great performance before tbh so may not notice a difference.

Soldato

I'm on 3600, Vega64, 64Gb of 3200 outputting to 1440 with most things on medium (but all the optional extras like vsync enabled). I get about 80-90fps depending on the map. My GPU is on 100% while CPU is about 30/40%. Squad isnt a CPU heavy game.

V16 has certainly changed the dynamic of the large maps. What would be 'very far away' is now local and added more places to fight over. The new map is absolutely amazing too, very "strike at karkand" feel to it. Everyone that I play with says it's the best map by far. A decent heli pilot (or two) can change the game so much.

Unfortunately the heli's and all the vic's have left the actual attacking inf squads short in man power. Developers have said that 50 player on each side should be available soon, so that should address the dip.

Best thing for players to do is join a server/group and play with them regularly. Squads selling point is the cooperation needed to get things done. As soon as you have someone who doesnt have a mic, cant speak your language or doesn't play the objective, the whole thing comes crashing down. I joined the Royal Battalion server + discord and enjoyment factor has gone through the roof.

Soldato
OP
I'm on 3600, Vega64, 64Gb of 3200 outputting to 1440 with most things on medium (but all the optional extras like vsync enabled). I get about 80-90fps depending on the map. My GPU is on 100% while CPU is about 30/40%. Squad isnt a CPU heavy game.

V16 has certainly changed the dynamic of the large maps. What would be 'very far away' is now local and added more places to fight over. The new map is absolutely amazing too, very "strike at karkand" feel to it. Everyone that I play with says it's the best map by far. A decent heli pilot (or two) can change the game so much.

Unfortunately the heli's and all the vic's have left the actual attacking inf squads short in man power. Developers have said that 50 player on each side should be available soon, so that should address the dip.

Best thing for players to do is join a server/group and play with them regularly. Squads selling point is the cooperation needed to get things done. As soon as you have someone who doesnt have a mic, cant speak your language or doesn't play the objective, the whole thing comes crashing down. I joined the Royal Battalion server + discord and enjoyment factor has gone through the roof.

Becoming a regular of a particular server is definitely the way to go. You know don't necessarily need to join a clan or group but getting to know the regulars of a server normally gives you the best experience.

I've not had a chance to play much v16 since release but the few I have been good fun with the helicopters involved!

Skirmish is a good laugh too. I suggest that you all try a few rounds. RIP community run a good one.

I upgraded from a 4790k to a 3800x and it's much more stable for me.

Soldato
I found myself on the Royal Battalion server (think I might have mentioned this previously) and haven't left. Plenty of different playing styles and characters too choose from; any they dont take themselves too seriously. My playing style fits in.

Associate
Not sure how i missed V16 release... At least now i have something to get my teeth into :)

I have played this from day zero! It's amazing to see how far it's come. And in the right way too. Has it been 5 years?

Soldato
Im usually found on the Smoking Rifles [SR] server, the SR guys are serious enough to not dick about but not overly serious and i find i have better and closer games on their server compared to anywhere else ive played

Back
Top Bottom