******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
I think the truth is finally beginning to dawn on most people now - this will either never get fully released - or it will- and will be a huge disappointment.

I backed when I saw Roberts original pitch - it is now my biggest regret in 30 years of gaming.

Caporegime
I think the truth is finally beginning to dawn on most people now - this will either never get fully released - or it will- and will be a huge disappointment.

I backed when I saw Roberts original pitch - it is now my biggest regret in 30 years of gaming.

You shouldn't imprint your own views on others, i share your frustrations, i backed in early 2013, but i don't regret backing it, i have had thousands of hours of enjoyment out of it and i continue to enjoy it just as it is now, everything that is added to it from here on out is bonus.

I don't even know what a "finished" state is, 100 star systems?I hope not, that's way too many, its the problem i have with ED, its far too big, once you get out there you're on your own, it might as well be a single player game.

As it is now it is still the game i always wanted, i enjoy the sights and sounds. i love the fact that i have an actual fully fleshed out physical ship that i really can call my own, my own Millennium Falcon, i love the fact that i can take it anywhere i can point to with no instancing or disguised load screens, this is still unique and one hell of an achievement in its own right.

Caporegime
*Leaked* Origin 400 series. Looks about 50 Meters long, Mercury Star Runner size.

85X 13m
100i 15m
300i 27m
400i 50m+? (MSR 56m) (RSI Constellation 61m)
600i 91m
890j 210m

Idris 240m
Javelin 480m
Bengal 960m
Retribution 2700m
Vanduul King Ship 3850m

GCZfLer.png

Last edited:
Associate
You shouldn't imprint your own views on others, i share your frustrations, i backed in early 2013, but i don't regret backing it, i have had thousands of hours of enjoyment out of it and i continue to enjoy it just as it is now, everything that is added to it from here on out is bonus.

I don't even know what a "finished" state is, 100 star systems?I hope not, that's way too many, its the problem i have with ED, its far too big, once you get out there you're on your own, it might as well be a single player game.

As it is now it is still the game i always wanted, i enjoy the sights and sounds. i love the fact that i have an actual fully fleshed out physical ship that i really can call my own, my own Millennium Falcon, i love the fact that i can take it anywhere i can point to with no instancing or disguised load screens, this is still unique and one hell of an achievement in its own right.

I "shouldnt imprint my views on others " ?? er- this is a forum where we discuss things - our point of view etc plus - what is your post other than you imprinting your view on others ?? Just that its different from mine.

Very weird comment.

Soldato
I think it's pretty obvious that he's talking about this: "I think the truth is finally beginning to dawn on most people now - this will either never get fully released - or it will- and will be a huge disappointment.".

That's just your opinion and you've assumed that 'most people' feel the same.
Sure, you can find plenty of people who do think that, but confirmation bias works both ways.

Soldato
How much did you back the game for in order for it to be your biggest regret in gaming?! I've only gone in with the base Aurora MR package right now, but already feel I've had my money's worth in the past few months just playing about in the Alpha with some friends.
Sure the game taking so long is a frustration. But personally, I'm really appreciating the devs refusing to compromise on their ambitious goals and refusing to release a lesser product like we so regularly see in other game titles these days!

As for the leaked 400i, I'm definitely interested, it looks great from the outside. Here's hoping that the loadout of the ship offers decent flexibility and that it can perform multiple roles decently. I'd love a ship a bit bigger than a Cutlass but not quite MSR sized with a nice interior that flies well and can carry a vehicle.

Associate
I think it's pretty obvious that he's talking about this: "I think the truth is finally beginning to dawn on most people now - this will either never get fully released - or it will- and will be a huge disappointment.".

That's just your opinion and you've assumed that 'most people' feel the same.
Sure, you can find plenty of people who do think that, but confirmation bias works both ways.

Have you seen the forums or Reddit lately ?

Soldato
Have you seen the forums or Reddit lately ?
Do you want to try and stop being vague and defensive? Perhaps have an actual discussion, since that's what you claim you're here to do.

ED: Just to add, by vaguely pointing to 'forums' and Reddit, all you've done is prove my point that all you've done is roll with your own confirmation bias.
Also, it's well known that people generally tend to post negativity on any given subject.

Regarding SC, if 'most people' share your point of view, why are servers constantly full of players and why has this been a record breaking month in financial terms for CIG?
Wait, it's because they're all blind fanboy cult members or something, right?

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyway, despite being a daily player of the game, I share many of the criticisms.
Yes, it needs more gameplay content and perhaps less continual graphical polish and new ships.
Yes, it should be way further down the line than it currently is.
Yes, it shouldn't be as bug ridden.

Despite this, I'm having a great time with the people I play with.
We curse it's faults and have our doubts, but see the gradual progress and we're generally hopeful.

Soldato
:p

Enme-J5-IXc-Acyxva.jpg

Associate
Can anyone help in tell me will these specs run star citizen

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i3 Quad Core Processor i3-9100F (3.60GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF H310M-PLUS GAMING R2.0: Micro-ATX, DDR4, LGA1151, USB 3.1 - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 - HDMI
1st Storage Drive
256GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (500MB/R, 400MB/W)
2nd Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
Memory Card Reader
USB 3.0 EXTERNAL SD/MICRO SD CARD READER
Power Supply
CORSAIR 350W VS SERIES™ VS-350 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre European Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

Back
Top Bottom