******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Bugger all to show for it? Should go to specsavers mate ;)

If you're happy paying to be a games tester, then sure, I guess there is something to show. The fact they have to make public their sprint tracker just answers the obvious question... It's still deep in development. (Reference sprint tracker here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/progress-tracker/teams).

I've said multiple times, I truly hope this game fullfills it's promise to gamers, I just have lost all faith in it ever happening but still like to check back. When it's fully released, then I'll pay for it.

Let's stop kidding around you're great grand children won't be able to afford the GPU mortgage.

Urgh, the GPU market at the moment is horrid! I got really lucky and got my Asus 3090 Strix OC on pre order at RRP, it's crossed my mind that I could sell it as I've got a bunch of personal items coming up that will tie me up for the next couple of quarters and gaming will be a luxury if I get the time to do it. Easy way to make some quick cash :D

Soldato
If you're happy paying to be a games tester, then sure, I guess there is something to show. The fact they have to make public their sprint tracker just answers the obvious question... It's still deep in development. (Reference sprint tracker here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/progress-tracker/teams).

I've said multiple times, I truly hope this game fullfills it's promise to gamers, I just have lost all faith in it ever happening but still like to check back. When it's fully released, then I'll pay for it.
The game not being finished is a completely separate issue to "bugger all to show" as you initially said. Huge amounts of games get released as an early access Alpha or Beta these days, many games get released as "complete" yet may as well be a Beta. Looking at your CP2077...
CiG isn't even trying to hide that the game isn't done yet, they're not trying to hide that they don't have an eta for it either. They've been saying for some time it'll be done when it's done. But implying that they've got nothing to show for their work is just nonsense.

Soldato
The game not being finished is a completely separate issue to "bugger all to show" as you initially said. Huge amounts of games get released as an early access Alpha or Beta these days, many games get released as "complete" yet may as well be a Beta. Looking at your CP2077...
CiG isn't even trying to hide that the game isn't done yet, they're not trying to hide that they don't have an eta for it either. They've been saying for some time it'll be done when it's done. But implying that they've got nothing to show for their work is just nonsense.
Well said

Soldato
I backed it for $25 wayyyyyyy back on KS. Then a while ago as I was playing quite a bit I bought an upgrade for another $25 - so £35 of our GB Pounds in total. I won't be spending any more, I just wanted a better ship (300i) to tool around in during the EA.
I've already had 60-70 hours from the game so far and I'm still popping back to it now and again, so I've had my moneys worth and then some.

Associate
I backed it for $25 wayyyyyyy back on KS. Then a while ago as I was playing quite a bit I bought an upgrade for another $25 - so £35 of our GB Pounds in total. I won't be spending any more, I just wanted a better ship (300i) to tool around in during the EA.
I've already had 60-70 hours from the game so far and I'm still popping back to it now and again, so I've had my moneys worth and then some.
The 300i is nearly £60 now!

Soldato

Well said, and how you've put it brings me to agreement, 'bugger all to show' was an over statement. CP2077 was a absolute disaster of a launch with them hiding the state of the game until money had already been exchanged.

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, time to rethink and review the state of this game and it's place in the market for me then.

Soldato
Wait, they are still selling ships? So when this does eventually get released, what happens? Are they going back to zero and wiping accounts? Or will those that buy the game on launch be dwarfed by the people that play it now? Seems a bit unfair.

Back
Top Bottom