******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Well said, and how you've put it brings me to agreement, 'bugger all to show' was an over statement. CP2077 was a absolute disaster of a launch with them hiding the state of the game until money had already been exchanged.

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, time to rethink and review the state of this game and it's place in the market for me then.
:) Happy to have talked you around! It's by no means perfect, but there's potential there and I think they're making decent realistic decisions right now. I truly hope they can deliver what they're setting out to achieve, the groundwork is certainly coming into place now - hopefully, the pace will start to pick up over the next year or so now the base tech is kinda there.

Wait, they are still selling ships? So when this does eventually get released, what happens? Are they going back to zero and wiping accounts? Or will those that buy the game on launch be dwarfed by the people that play it now? Seems a bit unfair.
Unless I've missed something, it's basically just a head start when the game gets released. There's no special benefit beyond a head start and some base insurance for said ships.
I don't think it's going to be unfair on anyone who buys the game on release. It's potentially going to be a somewhat small number of people who have that initial advantage, and that won't counter skill. For multi-crew ships - it's still going to be key to have a full crew to make that count. Whilst the economy may be balanced significantly, I think it's unlikely it will shift to the point where you won't be able to make a competent PVP ship fairly quickly after release. But I guess we'll see. At the end of the day, the game will exist as it is thanks to those people who were happy to throw thousands of pounds at CiG for make-believe spaceships!

Soldato
Wait, they are still selling ships? So when this does eventually get released, what happens? Are they going back to zero and wiping accounts? Or will those that buy the game on launch be dwarfed by the people that play it now? Seems a bit unfair.

Anything bought with real cash (Ships, hanger stuff) will remain. All in game currency, or anything bought with in game currency, willl be wiped.

Soldato
:) Happy to have talked you around! It's by no means perfect, but there's potential there and I think they're making decent realistic decisions right now. I truly hope they can deliver what they're setting out to achieve, the groundwork is certainly coming into place now - hopefully, the pace will start to pick up over the next year or so now the base tech is kinda there.

Unless I've missed something, it's basically just a head start when the game gets released. There's no special benefit beyond a head start and some base insurance for said ships.
I don't think it's going to be unfair on anyone who buys the game on release. It's potentially going to be a somewhat small number of people who have that initial advantage, and that won't counter skill. For multi-crew ships - it's still going to be key to have a full crew to make that count. Whilst the economy may be balanced significantly, I think it's unlikely it will shift to the point where you won't be able to make a competent PVP ship fairly quickly after release. But I guess we'll see. At the end of the day, the game will exist as it is thanks to those people who were happy to throw thousands of pounds at CiG for make-believe spaceships!

Anything bought with real cash (Ships, hanger stuff) will remain. All in game currency, or anything bought with in game currency, willl be wiped.

Gotcha, well look, I'll come back in a year or so, as I mentioned, I love the idea of this game and I hope it gets through to release. Thanks lads

Soldato
Its not me but i spent about £350 on ships, this is over 7 years tho... MSR and 325A

Well ok yes I've bought some ships

You must be seriously invested to spend hundreds of pounds on a game that's still in alpha.

It's bad enough that people keep pre-ordering games/content that very rarely deliver on what they promise.

Soldato
Ha, £350 isn't that much compared to some! Got 2 mates who have both blown more than a grand on ships, plus there are many people who have spent significantly more buying the various large ships with real money!

I'm still at the base ~£35 from the Aurora MR starter pack, although I suspect I might upgrade that to something a little better as I don't like that ship at all.

Soldato
You must be seriously invested to spend hundreds of pounds on a game that's still in alpha.

It's bad enough that people keep pre-ordering games/content that very rarely deliver on what they promise.

Roberts and CIG are laughing asses off the whales they're farming. No need to ever get out of Alpha, the cult will defend anything and buy anything. They'll be on Alpha patch 86.4 one day.

The game was supposed to be endless space and innumerable galaxies and stars - they have about 6 planets.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
This repetitive argument is so tiring. It isn't a couple Devs hoovering up cash having a laugh on Kickstarter. They are employing hundreds of people and building whole studios. This is more than Chris Roberts, it's people's livelihoods. Whether the leadership and vision has worked or is working, they are candid and open about what they are developing and where it's going. The only problem is the current "done when it's done" timeline.

Safe to say this is a game targeted at the more mature gamer not your mobile ADHD type gamer so it's going to take time, and more time and these projects always generate scope creep, especially when the initial vision is bold and uncharted territory in some regards.

Soldato
I don’t care. Its pointless.

I bet you spend crap on stuff i would deem laughable and pointless.

Its my money.

Get over it

If you want to spend hundreds on an alpha that has no release date that's on you.

No matter how many people think it's stupid, don't let it bother you champ.

ADHD type gamer

Nice choice of word there.

Soldato
If you want to spend hundreds on an alpha that has no release date that's on you.

No matter how many people think it's stupid, don't let it bother you champ.

Nice choice of word there.
In my eyes it's released.

Ie I can play and actually fly the ships I bought.

Also, I've had far more joy playing this then any other video gam out there for the past 18 months

Soldato
Roberts and CIG are laughing asses off the whales they're farming. No need to ever get out of Alpha, the cult will defend anything and buy anything. They'll be on Alpha patch 86.4 one day.

The game was supposed to be endless space and innumerable galaxies and stars - they have about 6 planets.

It was never meant to have endless space, innumerable galaxies and starts at any point at all. It had a stretch goal to achieve 100 in total.

Associate
Has anyone in here actually bought ships with real money other than the game package you bought?
Come on.....Who's spent the most?
I've got a few ships that I've purchased with real money (back around 2015/16), mostly larger industrial type ones like the Starfarer, Orion and Crucible - I like space trucking.
As for how much I've spent, maybe a tad over a grand... I believe at least half of that is the Orion.

Associate
11 years and over $450M into development and still falling through planets...

What a joke.
I still manage to find places where I can fall through the world in Witcher 3, GTA5 and other triple A games that should be fully polished... so I'd say it's less of a concern that a game in development has those sort of issues.
As long as people take the time to report those bugs, they should get fixed eventually.

Back
Top Bottom