******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
Maybe RL currency valuations have played a part in the shifting cost, then vs now lol :D
Yeah, it's probably fluctuated a bit with currency and tax and I also think they originally had lower prices on release for a some ships.

Edit: Found my original purchase on my account - it was $325 in 2015, though I only paid $60 with a ship trade-in.

Soldato
Yeah, it's probably fluctuated a bit with currency and tax and I also think they originally had lower prices on release for a some ships.

Edit: Found my original purchase on my account - it was $325 in 2015, though I only paid $60 with a ship trade-in.

Cool, I'm not going mad then :D

Soldato
I still manage to find places where I can fall through the world in Witcher 3, GTA5 and other triple A games that should be fully polished... so I'd say it's less of a concern that a game in development has those sort of issues.
As long as people take the time to report those bugs, they should get fixed eventually.

Have they spent $450m of customers money developing their games? have they delivered a finished product? were they selling pretend spaceships to mugs for hundreds and thousands of dollars?

SC is a totally different customer proposition to those games you mentioned.

Caporegime
Have they spent $450m of customers money developing their games? have they delivered a finished product? were they selling pretend spaceships to mugs for hundreds and thousands of dollars?

SC is a totally different customer proposition to those games you mentioned.

I can make a game for about £20 but its not going to be Star Citizen, ridiculous argument.

His point is Witcher 3 and GTA5 are finished released products, Star Citizen isn't.

Soldato
I can make a game for about £20 but its not going to be Star Citizen, ridiculous argument.

His point is Witcher 3 and GTA5 are finished released products, Star Citizen isn't.

So 11 years and $450M isn't enough time and money to fix falling through the floor in a game which has hardly any walking in it?

Caporegime
So 11 years and $450M isn't enough time and money to fix falling through the floor in a game which has hardly any walking in it?
Would you put the roof on before you built the foundations?

The game is in active development, its not as if you're falling through the floor at every other turn, in the last 6 months i must have about 500 hours in Star Citizen and have not fallen through the floor even once, but i do know it happens, they can spend the time now figuring out what is wrong with that only for it to break again when the next patch comes in, because bug fixing is like whack-a-mole, which is why you do it at the end when you have the game built, its your Beta testing stage.
Now because Star Citizen is a game that is accessible to the public to play as its in active development CIG do spend time and resources on bug fixing, literally every 3 months, i see it, i'm an Evocati, i do that Beta testing every 3 months, but only up to the extent to make the game reasonably playable.

Why do you say 11 years? Are you trying to get me to bite with that? I really don't care how long you think the game has been in development.

Soldato
It's an occasional thing, not a regular problem.
I can't remember the last time it happened to me and I do happen to do a lot of walking/driving on planet surfaces.

This try hard will cling to anything and blow it out of proportion to fit his absolutism.
I'm still wondering where Chris Roberts touched Darujhistan, tbh. I mean, for someone that only played the game briefly on a free fly years ago to have this much of a continuing vendetta is bizzare.

Associate
Apart from the servers being a bit....meh the only thing that really bugs me EVERYTIME I play is the map. I wish they'd just make it reliable and fix the shadow from the player on it. Another thing that happened to me yesterday, I was scouting for missing crew at a wreck, I found a box so I thought I'd put it on my ship, heading over to it....it just buggers off.
Flys away, turns around, flys past me and then vanishes!! Leaving me in space holding a box with my mouth open. I'd even turned the engine off.

Caporegime
Apart from the servers being a bit....meh the only thing that really bugs me EVERYTIME I play is the map. I wish they'd just make it reliable and fix the shadow from the player on it. Another thing that happened to me yesterday, I was scouting for missing crew at a wreck, I found a box so I thought I'd put it on my ship, heading over to it....it just buggers off.
Flys away, turns around, flys past me and then vanishes!! Leaving me in space holding a box with my mouth open. I'd even turned the engine off.

EEXJGL0.png

Soldato
Yeah, it can **** you right off sometimes...
Still, it sounds more like a theft situation than a simple despawn, given that it flew past you twice. Hard to say, unless the ship's movement was obviously weird and with no engine sounds.

Associate
Would you put the roof on before you built the foundations?.

I think that's the point, the foundations are shaky at best, i don't care about the bugs so much as it just feels janky and amateurish. I mean yeah the game looks incredible, the attention to static details is on another level but I'd rather that attention to detail went into the core mechanics of the game making it as solid as it can be.

That all being said taskmaster and I have been having a blast the last few days , granted its mainly laughing at how bad some of this game is but I'm still having a lot of fun but they need to start focusing on the core elements IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom