*****Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread*****

Soldato
Completed the Sith Inquisitor story last night and completed Corellia before work this morning.

I am now known as Darth Occulus - neutral title.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers.

Presumably you can only pilot ships belonging to your faction (i.e. Republic or Empire).

Yup, Republic ships look miles better, luckily i'm starting a Jedi Knight tonight, as i can't bring myself to carry on with my Operative and Powertech going through the same planets, already done it twice with my Juggernaut and Assassin, but i will eventually complete them, just need a change of scenery and story.

Last edited:
Soldato
No worries pal. If you looking for a guild give me a shout. Nice friendly lot. You don't have to raid(unless you looking to raid) but if you just looking for some social let me know. The extra 10% xp also helps.

What you looking at doing healer, tank , dps? Jugg is great for tanking, Operative is a good healer.

They all fun top be honest. Only story I was disappointed with was the Bounty Hunter :(

I have no level 55's yet, got about 5 or 6 sitting between 25-45. The guild I was in seems to have disbanded long ago so if there's room in yours for a straggler that would be great.

Made a new Sith Sorc purely to play a lightning build currently level 12. Got a few chars on a PvP server but think they are well and truly parked in stasis for now.

I'm quite surprised at how good the game seems to be now considering 2 months after release I got bored and went back to Aion, even bolstered PvP is great fun.

Associate
Yup, Republic ships look miles better, luckily i'm starting a Jedi Knight tonight, as i can't bring myself to carry on with my Operative and Powertech going through the same planets, already done it twice with my Juggernaut and Assassin, but i will eventually complete them, just need a change of scenery and story.

I agree they did a good job on the republic ships!

Wes, you will do the same planets with your Guardian mate. The only difference will be the starting planet.

I've just got my Merc to 55. All I did was class quests, fp's, pvp and some H2 and H4 quests. I skipped all the side quests. I used xp boosts and the 10% xp from the guild. I found that so much better. I was the same I just didn't want to go through all the same stuff again

I'm quite surprised at how good the game seems to be now considering 2 months after release I got bored and went back to Aion, even bolstered PvP is great fun.

It has improved as lot mate. It's come a long way since launch. I still feel it needs a few things fixing but that will come. I had a nice break from it, which was good and now really having a good time with it again.

I think if you in a good guild that makes a difference too.

Give me your names in game. I will add you to my friends list and when you log I will get you in the guild(might have to do a form but if you not raiding I'm sure you don't)

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree they did a good job on the republic ships!

Wes, you will do the same planets with your Guardian mate. The only difference will be the starting planet.

I know, i meant the starting planets, plus the fact i'm experiencing a different story to the planets that are shared between the two factions will keep me sane for two Republic characters, and then i'll go back to the Sith side and repeat the process till i have all 8 done.

Associate
I know, i meant the starting planets, plus the fact i'm experiencing a different story to the planets that are shared between the two factions will keep me sane for two Republic characters, and then i'll go back to the Sith side and repeat the process till i have all 8 done.

I understand, I hear the Jedi knight story is good.

Soldato

I'm interested in how it ties into the Sith Warrior story, that's why i'm starting with the Jedi Knight.

Also, am i the only one that dislikes dual weapons of any type? I also dislike the channelling, stationary classes too. So i'll be selecting the same advanced classes as my Sith counterparts, but probably different specs, although i love tanking and managed to get my Assassin to be a good tank too which took some effort.

She currently sits on 17k health before Ilum, 20-something-% defence, 37% absorption, 30-something-% Shield Chance and 33% Damage Reduction. She's using Belsavis commendation gear currently, as i thought i may as well sit it out until 55 and purchase Makeb gear, but i stacked health because she uses light armour, which i don't stack for my Juggernaut tank, i favour strength instead.

Last edited:
Associate
Also, am i the only one that dislikes dual weapons of any type?

In the first MMO I played, I picked dual-wield because I was young and it was cool. Ever since, I've made a point of always having a dual wield as my main char :D

It's good, but the Jedi Knight is so bland. In fact, most Republic characters are bland if you ask me! Such a shame, and the ratio of Republic-Imperial was so off balance because of it in the early days.

Soldato
Give me your names in game. I will add you to my friends list and when you log I will get you in the guild(might have to do a form but if you not raiding I'm sure you don't)

Well to be honest I'm too old and grumpy to be filling in forms and go through any grooming process to join a guild :p but appreciate the offer.

I'm just switching between SWToR and Rift PvP atm and having a blast (no pun intended) and although I would be up for some raiding/instances I'm far too casual to be counted on.

Ingame nicks, Saurazgul - Sauraz'gul - Saurazg'ul seeing a theme here ? :p Charvel - Xeho and others.

Soldato
what are peoples take on GSF, ive only played a couple of games, but compared to some other f2p space games, like star conflict, it just feels...sluggish. Maybe im just used to something a bit more fast paced, with more ship types, less invasive special abilities, and proper 3d movement. I know strafing isnt exactly SW, but i guess ive just gotten to used to how handy that kind of movement can be.

Ship turn rates also feel rubbish, but that might just be my starter ships/cluttered UI preventing full understanding of how you can actually manipulate stats. The hit reg also feels a bit off

Last edited:
Soldato
I was subbed for about a year, I might resub but I'm not too sure, Currently doing F2P on my 55's *Sith Jugg and BH Merc* but holy crap talk about restrictions, Ouch.

And I'm sorry but the space combat has nothing on Star Wars Galaxies, The devs of TOR need to go look at the material from SWG and take quite a few ideas away with them, TOR is a great game but to me it feels very restricted compared to what SWG was.

On the whole the game feels very cheap to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
what are peoples take on GSF, ive only played a couple of games, but compared to some other f2p space games, like star conflict, it just feels...sluggish. Maybe im just used to something a bit more fast paced, with more ship types, less invasive special abilities, and proper 3d movement. I know strafing isnt exactly SW, but i guess ive just gotten to used to how handy that kind of movement can be.

Ship turn rates also feel rubbish, but that might just be my starter ships/cluttered UI preventing full understanding of how you can actually manipulate stats. The hit reg also feels a bit off

I think everyone's initial reaction to space combat was 'tepid' to say the least. The main thing to remember is like your characters in the main game, your ship needs leveling and upgrading. You can upgrade just about every aspect of your ships even the main four skills.

It's definitely no X-Wing or Tie Fighter but it is free and if your not a subscriber you won't have access to it until Feb 2014 (for those wondering when they can try).

For me, it's just another something to do in game for XP and credits which also breaks up the monotony of grinding levels on whatever class I'm playing at the time.

I was subbed for about a year, I might resub but I'm not too sure, Currently doing F2P on my 55's *Sith Jugg and BH Merc* but holy crap talk about restrictions, Ouch.

And I'm sorry but the space combat has nothing on Star Wars Galaxies, The devs of TOR need to go look at the material from SWG and take quite a few ideas away with them, TOR is a great game but to me it feels very restricted compared to what SWG was.

On the whole the game feels very cheap to me.

Nothing compares to the original Star Wars Galaxies. MMo's are not like the days of old were you had to explore and work things out for yourself, everything is catered to the casual and solo these days.

Soldato
Nothing compares to the original Star Wars Galaxies. MMo's are not like the days of old were you had to explore and work things out for yourself, everything is catered to the casual and solo these days.

For so many it wasn't just the game that was immense, The community in SWG was truly old world awesome, I made so many close ties with people through that game.
And not to mention it felt like star wars unlike the new stuff, You could get everything ingame if you wanted, It just took time, The new games are just about milking the customers wallet, My faith in gaming and gaming companys is sadly starting to wane :(

Back
Top Bottom