** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
He's a right nutter. He'll probably still go on his walks and drag an empty leash behind him.

Hleb's regretted moving from Arsenal a few years back. I think Barca was out of his depth in all honesty and it's clearly knocked him a bit. He's come back to Brum after rejecting Spurs and Liverpool apparently. Wasn't that displeased he left us in the first place, Barca for him would have been too good an offer to refuse.

Soldato
Oh give over with the revisionism. Man United got wads of cash by giving into greed and floating themselves on the stock market as a PLC. Perfect timing admittedly, because it gave them the chance to establish themselves as the top team in the country, just as the Premiership started its steady climb upwards, but as much of a cash injection as any oligarch owner. That you got eventually bought up by someone like the Glazers was an inevitable risk you chose to ignore at the time.

There's a huge difference between floating as a PLC and being bought out by an oligarch, namely that anyone can do the former.

Soldato
I didn't think we were the premier leagues top total spenders even before abramovich? seem to remember there being a fair few seasons when we weren't even near top spenders.

Soldato
Obviously there's a difference, but did it or did it not provide you with a nice bucket load of cash?

Of course it did. I never disputed that. The difference is that it was a "bucket load of cash" with a balance book.

I should also highlight DM's typically ridiculous observation that we had loans before the Glazers along - find me a PLC that doesn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom