** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Just found this, made me laugh...

291c6d2.jpg

fez

fez

Caporegime
Barthez I can understand but I reckon that evra is the best left back in the world at the mo. Wouldnt replace him with anyone else. Henry and Viera were ok at times though ;)

Soldato
Arsenal should buy Gordon from Sunderland for keeper.

Ok he's not proven in Europe but he's a quality keeper and still young for a keeper at 27.

Man of Honour
lots of rumours of berbatov going to ac milan now they say there mite be a swap for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

One flop for another. I'd rather try and keep Berbatov and play him properly as I'm sure he would be better :p

I wouldn't say these rumours hold much merit, given that Berbatov's agent said he is happy at Man Utd and wants to stay.

You never know though.

Man of Honour
Gareth Bale has just been added to the Man Utd "Shopping List" for this summer on the website :p

I can see he's an obvious target, and will be for a lot of teams, but the side that Nani/Evra/Giggs/Fabio cover doesn't really strike me as a priority place that needs fixing asap :(

Caporegime
Hard to say, should be in excess of £50m based on last summers dealings but who knows. We won't spend that much in any case.

Thats the problem there...Wenger needs to spend big if he wants to compete with City, Chelski, Utd and to an extent Liverpool...i kow it wont happen but perhaps its time he changed his policy...if we have the money then spend it simple as that.

If not at least get some players who are consistent and dont break down at the slightest of tackles..

But get rid of Eduardo, Almunia, Fabianski, Senderos, Denilson and Silvestre for sure...Bender i would say keep and same with Diaby, although with him he really needs to become more consistent and pick up his game...otherwise get shot of him...

Man of Honour
He's a needless signing, not good enough in defence to be a LB and not good enough going forward to be a LW! He'd be a backup to Evra at best.

Yeah, he wouldn't come cheap and he certainly doesn't play a role in the team that is need of urgent attention.

Soldato
Gareth Bale has just been added to the Man Utd "Shopping List" for this summer on the website :p

I can see he's an obvious target, and will be for a lot of teams, but the side that Nani/Evra/Giggs/Fabio cover doesn't really strike me as a priority place that needs fixing asap :(

he has been playing left wing last few games and it still very young so maybe he is a replacement for giggs retireing next year and as a rotation for nani this coming season, rather than a lb which is covered better.

Man of Honour
Rumour has it that Juve want RvP involving a swap deal with Melo.

That'd be a pretty sweet swap. Another DM would be nice especially if we can get rid of Diaby and Denilson. Plus as much as I like RvP he clearly doesn't stay out of the injury room for long; I think at his age it's time to think about moving him on.

Soldato
Rumour has it that Juve want RvP involving a swap deal with Melo.

That'd be a pretty sweet swap. Another DM would be nice especially if we can get rid of Diaby and Denilson. Plus as much as I like RvP he clearly doesn't stay out of the injury room for long; I think at his age it's time to think about moving him on.

Really? Fabregasc and RVP are about the only truly world class players in your team imo...Getting rid of RVP for another Midfielder doesn't really make sense to me.

Man of Honour
As odd as it sounds, I'd like Wenger to really follow through and find out if there is anything weirder going on in terms of our players being constantly injured. He hinted at doing so earlier on this season, and I think Arshavin's come out and said it wasn't 'easy' (??) to be treated here. RvP too has recuperated in Holland instead of Ashburton Grove. We have some of the best off stadium facilities in the world it's very puzzling.

Really? Fabregasc and RVP are about the only truly world class players in your team imo...Getting rid of RVP for another Midfielder doesn't really make sense to me.

But the trouble is once you take the first team out their replacements, i.e. Diaby/Denilson are just very poor. That's why I said ship those two out and get somebody quality in.

I agree RvP can be world class, but sadly doesn't stay injury free long enough to really influence the side over an entire season. 190 appearances in 6 years or so means around ~32 games per season. Only twice in his stay here has he featured in over 40 games. Considering we look to hopefully play around 60 in all competitions..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom