** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Gareth Bale has just been added to the Man Utd "Shopping List" for this summer on the website :p

I can see he's an obvious target, and will be for a lot of teams, but the side that Nani/Evra/Giggs/Fabio cover doesn't really strike me as a priority place that needs fixing asap :(

I can gaurentee he will be more effective left winger than Nani by the end of next season (and he is what 4 years younger) - and by all means quote me this time next season

Utd URGENTLY need a decent and reliable left winger - its amazing how many "another chance" Nani gets

Man of Honour
Juventus said:
Juventus are reportedly ready to offer both Gianluigi Buffon and Felipe Melo in-exchange for Robin Van Persie.

That wouldn't be a bad deal for Arsenal really. Finally a decent keeper for them :p

Soldato
Would LOVE United to sign Bale, he always been quality and the fact we missed out on him to begin with was a real **** up by us

Alas I dont see a lot in the rumour, he's playing well at the moment; probably one of the form players in the Premiership and we play Spurs at the weekend. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out why this story was in the papers this morning

Testament to Spurs though, first Carrick, then Berbatov now possibly Bale and who knows Modric as well (there were rumours at the end of last summer that Fergie had spoke to Arry about him)

Would love to see both Modric & Bale at United, I think both would fix a lot of the negatives around the current United squad. Cant see us getting both if either though

Man of Honour
I know keepers age better than most but Buffon is getting a bit long in the tooth for my liking - RvP is a key player for Arsenal now and they should keep hold of him given that Eduardo has largely been firing blanks since his injury.

Also 99.9% of rumoured swap deals involving more than 2 players never actually come to fruition.

Associate
Why Bale and United? Left back isn't a position we're weak in, and we already have a promising young back-up for Evra.

And Buffon isn't getting old by any means - he still has almost a decade of top-flight football ahead of him. If you're looking for an excuse for his lack of clean sheets this season, check the under-performing Juvé in front of him.

Caporegime
Juve have been a joke, Buffon would be a HUGE step up for us, losing RVP would be a bigger step down and Melo is a god damned awful player.

People are basing the entire idea of him being good on the confed cup where he was the worst player on the pitch with Gilberto, one of the best, covering his ass every game and also making the better offensive passing.

He's been voted the worst player at Juve, the worst buy of the season, has been consistantly beyond awful, he can't defend, pass, not a huge amount of pace, awful positioning, awful shooting, awful everything.

He's simply a bad player and having him on £50 wages a week would be too expensive.

Arsenal need a CB as is, and probably another to cover the leaving Gallas. Senderos has again showed when playing for Everton he's better than Djourou, miles better than Silvestre but doesn't want to come back because he's been crapped on for years on end at Arsenal. We could have saved a bundle by simply playing the guy now and then and helping stop our other guys getting injured through overplaying, I can't imagine Senderos staying under any circumstances.

We need wingers, with actual pace, and to ditch Diaby, Denilson, Sagna and a few others.

Merida, Eduardo and Vela need games to get form, all can be truly excellent for Arsenal but will never get form without any games at all.

We desparately need a DM and Diarra seems to have dropped out of the first team at Real and isn't a "huge star name" so the next manager/president combo might seem him as not required so might be available on a deal. He'd be perfect, bit of pace, huge strength, that ability to run into players and come out the other side with the ball, he's very good at turning defence to offence quickly with smart passing, tracks runs fantastically, awesome positional play and covering and a solid freekick/corner man aswell which Arsenal seriously lack when RVP isn't on the pitch.

Last edited:
Soldato
God please no not Bale. Seriously if we get ripped off by Spurs again I will scream.

dont get me wrong Spurs always get their way with us - but Bale would still be a great signing imo (not that we would get him - I just rate him very highly indeed ....as a winger at least)

Soldato
nanis coming into his own though i mean 2 good goals vs bayern, increased running and stuff...

bale would be no better or more consistent. 2 goals in 12 months and suddenly he is the new ronaldo? i dont think so.

Who said he'd be the new Ronaldo?

Comparing Bale's second half to the season to Nani's only a fool would argue who's been by far the more consistent

Soldato
Was reading in the Guardian this morning about Torres, Manchester City are interested and rumors are that there will be a 50 million bid.

Yeah they were talking on TalkSport this morning saying it's a done deal

They did break the Tevez to City one months before anyone else did last summer......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom