1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

********* Official Transformers: War for Cybertron Thread *********

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by DailyGeek, 25 Jun 2010.

1. DailyGeek

Mobster

This just dropped through my door. I'm a HUGE G1 fan (sitting in my Transformers collection room as I type this :p)

It's had some solid reviews online so far so going to go play it now. Anyone else picking it up?

2. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

i saw DSP do a play through and online of this, looked a bit average to me , fairly generic affair.... im sure if you like transformers it will boost up the ratings a little.

3. DailyGeek

Mobster

First impressions are that it Rawks, hard. Pretty tough on 'hard' though! :o

4. Sumanji

Sgarrista

Yeah, Metacritic score was "only" 84% on PS3 last time I checked, which is a bit underwhelming... I was expecting this to be the Arkham Asylum of 2010 :( I will probably end up getting this when it's on sale :p

Oh well, there's still Spider-man Shattered Dimensions to look forward to :D

Su

5. DailyGeek

Mobster

An aggregated score of 84% is hardly poor! :p

Just finished chapter 1 of 12, great stuff and challenging on Hard too. A must if you're a TF fan of any degree. Best TF game since the PS2 one, and I loved that!

6. 5punk3monk3y

Mobster

good game enjoying it so far controlls are solid on it

7. Sumanji

Sgarrista

I said it was underwhelming, not poor... there are so many good games coming out, but I for one need a game to be exceptional if I can justify paying full release price for it.

8. DailyGeek

Mobster

I paid 29.99 which isn't too bad :)

9. Raziel1

Gangster

Just about to start giving it aproper play. Managed to get an hour or so playtime at work this evening & love this game.

Got it from blockies so have the shockwave skin for escallation mode

10. Raziel1

Gangster

Single player is all done & I loved every second of it. Anyone here up for some multi-player or escallation mode on XBL?

11. agnes

Capodecina

12. Sumanji

Sgarrista

13. DailyGeek

Mobster

I still don't think a metacritic score in the 80s is a bad thing?!

I've been playing it loads, loved it, Autobot campaign is awesome and online is great fun :D

14. Sumanji

Sgarrista

Errr.... 78 is not low 80's :p

The user score is always higher for average/ok games which have a really popular franchise attached to them. The reviewers, who in theory are less fickle, can supposedly see through this and give a more objective review.

Having said that, I'm sure I'd have fun playing it. I just find it objectionable to pay full retail for anything less than an *amazing* game. Everything ends up at <£10 eventually :p

A demo or something would be nice! :D

Su

15. DailyGeek

Mobster

Ah hadn't seen it had dropped :p I read the Eurogamer review and that was a farce imo, picking holes in it that weren't necessary and that they let pass in bigger name titles.

I think it's a given that if you like Transformers (the originals) then you will really enjoy this, it's a solid game peppered with decent references and a lot of thought has gone into design and the small touches. I always find myself looking at the small mechanisms moving on Optimus' back for example.

Transformers has such potential for videogames and it's never really been realised. The movie games were frankly awful, the PS2 game was ok but still missing something. This really pushes the right buttons and hopefull will spawn a sequel where they come to Earth and use true G1 designs and lore.

If you aren't 'in to' Transformers in the slightest, I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10 depending on whether you like shooters. As a Transfan, it's easily in 9 territory imo.

Like I say, huge Transformers fan, paid £29.99 - I'm more than happy :D

(No PS3 demo, but apparently there is one on XBL)

16. Gravity

Gangster

Just picked it up on PS3, might be a little while till I get to play it though....I shattered my right wrist on friday morning. Managed to crack the joint into 6 pieces or so according to my surgeon :eek: All plated and screwed together now :p

17. Soulja

Capodecina

Anyone fancy doing this in co-op? (360)

18. dannyjo22

Caporegime

If you wait for it to come through on my rental :)

19. Soulja

Capodecina

Will do. Quite enjoying MP at the mo!

20. Raziel1

Gangster

haven't even touched the co-op or multiplayer yet, definately up for some co-op play